Verdun Tour 16-18 March 2012

oldbaldy

LE
We are putting together a return trip to Verdun for the weekend 16-18 March 2012.
The accommodation we used last time is no longer available but we think we've identified somewhere else.
Flying Monkey is available that weekend to lead the group again.
This is just a warning order & I'm not looking for firm commitments.
I'll post the accommodation once we have a firm booking.

oldbaldy

LE
Accn in the bag.
What sort of shirt this time?

Again guys typically I will be in warmer climes so I won't be on this one, absolutely gutted, OB I will have a shirt though so let me know nearer the time....

Keep Bohs in check as the poor lad needs a hand to hold. But seriously guys have a good one Verdun is the best place for the visual effect and leave Bohs locked up at Fort Vaux ;)

oldbaldy

LE
Bohs told us that but he also said that although you may be in sunnier climes you'll make sure everywhere you are is airconditioned!!!

Bohs told us that but he also said that although you may be in sunnier climes you'll make sure everywhere you are is airconditioned!!!
Got that right OB why rough it if you don,t have to, still gotta go out in the heat to pop the NAAFI ;)

oldbaldy

LE
Tour now sorted.
As per the title dates are 16-18 March.
Flying Monkey will, again be our guide.
The accommodation we used last time is unavailable but Maginot Lion who was on the last Verdun tour found us this place:
Gite-etape à Halles-sous-les-Côtes en Meuse : - Location Vacances Gîtes de France
Gite group with 8 bedrooms, one bedroom ground floor suitable for disabled persons, double bed (140x190) with bathroom, toilet. A room with a double bed (140x190) and a bed (90x190) a bathroom, a second with two single beds (91x190) and two bunk beds (90x190), a bathroom and a toilet, two bedrooms with each four beds (90x190), a room with three beds (90x190), a room with four beds (90x190) and two bunk beds (90x190), a room with two beds (90x190), 3 bathrooms, 3 toilets, a bathroom sink 4. Ground floor, kitchen with reclamation standards with 2 bins sinks, dishwasher, refrigerator capacity, a combined refrigerator-freezer capacity, 3 coffee makers, a mo, a cook off five gas burners, oven, utensils, many , a dining room seats 30, a TV lounge area, two toilets and a large hall 100 seats.
Cost for accommodation and tour shirt, half sleeved rugby with our Mr P logo (not in pink), is £80 (slightly down from last time), if anyone not going but would like a shirt only the cost is £25.
As before you'll be added to the list when I have your money. I will need to have all booking by first week Feb so I can order the shirts.
PM for details of how to pay.
Local costs, guide, beer, food etc, will be collected on tour.

Attending

Flying Monkey
Oldbaldy
Mrs Baldy

I am interested in this, I would also like to bring my son..ex Tankie but not an ARRSER.

Question...Travel arrangements?

We are both up in W. Yorks.

oldbaldy

LE
Arters, travel is under own arrangements, usually people are able to hook up with others & fill cars. I know of no others in your area but we did have some travel down from Scotland for the Loos tour.
No proble bringing non arrsers, we've had various friends & relatives with an interest in what we are doing come along.

Thanks for the quick reply, own steam no problem, we could pick up 1 other as well,
with luggage it could be only one.......looking forward, having done Tours of KZ's myself.

oldbaldy

LE
Tour now sorted.
The accommodation we used last time is unavailable but Maginot Lion who was on the last Verdun tour found us this place:
Gite-etape à Halles-sous-les-Côtes en Meuse : - Location Vacances Gîtes de France

Gite group with 8 bedrooms, one bedroom ground floor suitable for disabled persons, double bed (140x190) with bathroom, toilet. A room with a double bed (140x190) and a bed (90x190) a bathroom, a second with two single beds (91x190) and two bunk beds (90x190), a bathroom and a toilet, two bedrooms with each four beds (90x190), a room with three beds (90x190), a room with four beds (90x190) and two bunk beds (90x190), a room with two beds (90x190), 3 bathrooms, 3 toilets, a bathroom sink 4. Ground floor, kitchen with reclamation standards with 2 bins sinks, dishwasher, refrigerator capacity, a combined refrigerator-freezer capacity, 3 coffee makers, a mo, a cook off five gas burners, oven, utensils, many , a dining room seats 30, a TV lounge area, two toilets and a large hall 100 seats.

Cost for accommodation and tour shirt, half sleeved rugby with our Mr P logo (not in pink), is £80 (slightly down from last time), if anyone not going but would like a shirt only the cost is £25.
As before you'll be added to the list when I have your money. I will need to have all booking by first week Feb so I can order the shirts.

Attending

Flying Monkey
Oldbaldy
Mrs Baldy
Guzzler

Old Baldy, I have just transfered the money so it should be with you soon.

Looking forward to seeing all the regular faces again.

oldbaldy

LE
Tour now sorted.

Attending

Flying Monkey
Oldbaldy
Mrs Baldy
Guzzler
Tiger-Monkey2

oldbaldy

LE
Tour now sorted.

Attending

Flying Monkey
Oldbaldy
Mrs Baldy
Guzzler
Tiger-Monkey2
Hillwalker

Would love to, but no time. Plus now living in Switzerland, so will be angling for a tour to the Alsace/Lorraine battlefields for the future ;)

Vosges?

oldbaldy

LE
You never know!