Verdun Tour 16-18 March 2012

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by oldbaldy, Aug 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

We are putting together a return trip to Verdun for the weekend 16-18 March 2012.
    The accommodation we used last time is no longer available but we think we've identified somewhere else.
    Flying Monkey is available that weekend to lead the group again.
    This is just a warning order & I'm not looking for firm commitments.
    I'll post the accommodation once we have a firm booking.

2. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Accn in the bag.
    What sort of shirt this time?

3. I vote for another rugby shirt.

Colour wise? Anything the flooter won't feel comfortable in so no salmon pink or any other gayer type shade of!

4. The rugby shirt was great and fine with me.

A unisex colour would be a bonus! :biggrin:

5. Again guys typically I will be in warmer climes so I won't be on this one, absolutely gutted, OB I will have a shirt though so let me know nearer the time....

Keep Bohs in check as the poor lad needs a hand to hold. But seriously guys have a good one Verdun is the best place for the visual effect and leave Bohs locked up at Fort Vaux ;)

6. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Bohs told us that but he also said that although you may be in sunnier climes you'll make sure everywhere you are is airconditioned!!!

7. Looking forward to it already.

8. Got that right OB why rough it if you don,t have to, still gotta go out in the heat to pop the NAAFI ;)

9. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Tour now sorted.
    As per the title dates are 16-18 March.
    Flying Monkey will, again be our guide.
    The accommodation we used last time is unavailable but Maginot Lion who was on the last Verdun tour found us this place:
    Gite-etape à Halles-sous-les-Côtes en Meuse : - Location Vacances Gîtes de France
    Cost for accommodation and tour shirt, half sleeved rugby with our Mr P logo (not in pink), is £80 (slightly down from last time), if anyone not going but would like a shirt only the cost is £25.
    As before you'll be added to the list when I have your money. I will need to have all booking by first week Feb so I can order the shirts.
    PM for details of how to pay.
    Local costs, guide, beer, food etc, will be collected on tour.

Attending

Flying Monkey
    Oldbaldy
    Mrs Baldy

10. I am interested in this, I would also like to bring my son..ex Tankie but not an ARRSER.

Question...Travel arrangements?

We are both up in W. Yorks.

11. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Arters, travel is under own arrangements, usually people are able to hook up with others & fill cars. I know of no others in your area but we did have some travel down from Scotland for the Loos tour.
    No proble bringing non arrsers, we've had various friends & relatives with an interest in what we are doing come along.

12. Thanks for the quick reply, own steam no problem, we could pick up 1 other as well,
    with luggage it could be only one.......looking forward, having done Tours of KZ's myself.

13. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Tour now sorted.
    The accommodation we used last time is unavailable but Maginot Lion who was on the last Verdun tour found us this place:
    Gite-etape à Halles-sous-les-Côtes en Meuse : - Location Vacances Gîtes de France

Cost for accommodation and tour shirt, half sleeved rugby with our Mr P logo (not in pink), is £80 (slightly down from last time), if anyone not going but would like a shirt only the cost is £25.
    As before you'll be added to the list when I have your money. I will need to have all booking by first week Feb so I can order the shirts.

Attending

Flying Monkey
    Oldbaldy
    Mrs Baldy
    Guzzler

14. Old Baldy, I have just transfered the money so it should be with you soon.

Looking forward to seeing all the regular faces again.

15. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Tour now sorted.

Attending

Flying Monkey
    Oldbaldy
    Mrs Baldy
    Guzzler
    Tiger-Monkey2