Verdun 2009 Accommodation

oldbaldy

LE
Flying Monkey has found us a Gite for the tour:
http://www.pnr-lorraine.com/education/pdfs/depliant_genicourt.pdf

It sleeps 28 in rooms of various sizes, most of them dormatory size.
I am obtaining a translation of their pdf file from our contact who lives in France.

Cost will be £65 per head for accommodation & 1 green poloshirt. (Total cost, not per night). People wishing another shirt should add a further £15.
Those wishing to attend should PM me & I will send them details of how to pay. The payments this time are being handled by Phil.

oldbaldy

LE
Attending:

Flying Monkey
FireworkPhil +1
Old Baldy +1
Mrs Baldy

Names will be added to this list when payment is received as per the Somme trip.

oldbaldy

LE
oldbaldy said:
Attending:

Flying Monkey
FireworkPhil +1
Old Baldy +1
Mrs Baldy
Ticklishrodent +1

Names will be added to this list when payment is received as per the Somme trip.

oldbaldy said:
oldbaldy said:
Attending:

Flying Monkey
FireworkPhil +1
Old Baldy +1
Mrs Baldy
Ticklishrodent

OB,
Myself and that hanger on "the Big Floater" will be in touch as soon as we get eyes on the Regt forecast!

bohs_man said:
oldbaldy said:
oldbaldy said:
Attending:

Flying Monkey
FireworkPhil +1
Old Baldy +1
Mrs Baldy
Ticklishrodent

OB,
Myself and that hanger on "the Big Floater" will be in touch as soon as we get eyes on the Regt forecast!
Hanger on.... Who's Driving as usual. The place looks awesome and the price even better. You can count me in for this trip... I will make sure the tax free vodka comes along, i will just kick Bohsmans Hair products out of the car, Oh and 6 ft posing mirror......

oldbaldy

LE
oldbaldy said:
Attending:

Flying Monkey
FireworkPhil +1
Old Baldy +1
Mrs Baldy
Ticklishrodent +1

I assume this is not baby-friendly (i.e. there's no double rooms available)? Would love to be wrong...

The PDF Brochure states that there are 28 beds in 7 rooms. What the actual set up is I don't know but will find out.

oldbaldy

LE
oldbaldy said:
Attending:

Flying Monkey
FireworkPhil +1
Old Baldy +1
Mrs Baldy
Ticklishrodent +1
YIM + 1

Just confirming dates with the management. Looking tricky at the moment but might have to pull a sicky. Sorry to read of your cancellation Yes :oops:

Sgt.Slingsby said:
1. Dates?
2. A Bear?

Frankly [ooops :wink: ] is this really a BritMil Bear mission?
All respect to the French, but ... they aren't going to chip in, and you guys have been milked already.
We'll have a collecting tin with us anyway. So, if there is any bear jobless by the time, just send'em along. :)
Date would be 9th to 12th of October.

oldbaldy

LE
Tiger-Monkey2 said:
Add Tiger-Monkey2 + 1 to the list please
As previously quoted names will be added when payment received by Phil.
He has to pay for the accommodation up front, exactly the same as I did in the Somme.

Any news on whether the place is babyable, and if not, any B&B recommendations?

Still awaiting confirmation of set up from owner.

Having discussions about the Damage Cover that they want us to have.

I have found this though - Bed and Breakfast

Ta