Veng

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by MSI64, Jan 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have applied for an extra two years Veng. I have 7 years left and have asked for another two to take me to 9.

Have put my Veng paperwork in, however MCM Div seem a little slow in sorting it out.
    Have been told there is a Veng board that sits and I have to wait for the results, however have also been told that Im garunteed it.

Anyone know when the board sits???? and how often.
    How long does it take till it shows on JPA????

My answers from Glasgow seem a little lacking in information!!!!

2. I was offered, and accepted, 2 years VENG in July. To date, my terms of service on JPA have not been updated by Glasgow/JPAC (or whoever is doing it these days). I have chased it through JPAC and the RCMO and the official line was that there is a great deal of backlog in sorting out offers of VENG.

3. V-ENG....AFPS 05................Im sure the MOD dont do these things for OUR good............Needles to say I didnt apply for V-ENG and stayed on AFPS 75.

4. Forgive me if I'm mis-reading, but are you implying on V-ENG you HAVE to move to AFPS 05?

I was under the impression (I don't have the hard copy docs to hand) that you would normally stay on AFPS 75.

SOURCE

(I appreciate this doc is nearly 3 years old, but I haven't seen anything supersedes that point).

5. Each Arm and Service Director has different rules for VEng. It is not one size that fits all, so it will depend on your capbadge. Also VEng and AFPS 05 are unconnected.

Hope this helps.

6. Got my answer this morning thanks Guys

Board sits on Monday, get my confirmation e mail on Teusday!