VEng & Reserve commitment

Not sure if this has been covered before.

Jan last year I took the VEng(Full) when offered, based on the understanding that I could still give my notice at 21yr point to be out at 22( Immediate Pension Point on the '75 Pension).

It has now struck me that if I took that course of action I may have a 2yr reserve commitment, that may affect my future plans to emigrate.

Can anyone shed light on this as I don't have easy access to Mil HR staff at my current post?

Blodders said:
Not sure if this has been covered before.

Jan last year I took the VEng(Full) when offered, based on the understanding that I could still give my notice at 21yr point to be out at 22( Immediate Pension Point on the '75 Pension).

It has now struck me that if I took that course of action I may have a 2yr reserve commitment, that may affect my future plans to emigrate.

Can anyone shed light on this as I don't have easy access to Mil HR staff at my current post?
I wouldn't worry too much about it, your regular reserve commitment is never going to be enforced involuntarily unless the UK gets invaded, and then we'll all be lining up to re-join a anyway.

Sign off, leave and emigrate, I did :D