Venezuela - coup d'état?

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't think Op Venezuela Freedom has the backing of the pop over in country no matter what Guaido
and his soon-to-be-a-lot richer mates say.

I suggest you look for better sources.

The individual posting that on his Twitter feed is a conspiraloon who shouts about everything from governments deliberately killing bees to Israel sabotaging Palestinian water supplies to... well, all the usual suspects.

Unless you have a more credible source for those highly dubious photos, I shall dismiss them as the usual rubbish.

*Russian Troll*
I suggest you look for better sources.

The individual posting that on his Twitter feed is a conspiraloon who shouts about everything from governments deliberately killing bees to Israel sabotaging Palestinian water supplies to... well, all the usual suspects.

Unless you have a more credible source for those highly dubious photos, I shall dismiss them as the usual rubbish.

Is that a better source for you?

maduro is a corrupt ********
Unfortunately Americas track record of intervention in central and South America is blood soaked in the extreme and trumps far from a master of anything really

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer

Is that a better source for you?
I watched the video but nowhere did it mention the purported mass rally on the bridge nor that Venezuela does not need humanitarian aid, which was the point of the post I was querying.

I also notice that you have chosen to adopt the same avatar as KGB_Resident. I can't think of a valid reason why you would do this apart from wanting to deliberately cause disruption and confusion, which really puts anything you post into perspective.

*Russian Troll*
I watched the video but nowhere did it mention the purported mass rally on the bridge nor that Venezuela does not need humanitarian aid, which was the point of the post I was querying.

I also notice that you have chosen to adopt the same avatar as KGB_Resident. I can't think of a valid reason why you would do this apart from wanting to deliberately cause disruption and confusion, which really puts anything you post into perspective.
No, that would be because it talks about the big picture not minutiae.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/04/politics/donald-trump-venezuela-invasion/index.html

You remember the last countries to dump the USD$ for oil transactions?
Do you need me to remind you how it all ended??

Venezuela Switches From Dollar to Euro in Foreign Exchange to Tackle US blockade | NewsClick

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Again, spoken like an infant.
I'm as Russian as Rocky Balboa.

Why don't you come back with something subject-related?
You may not be Russian but you're a proven shill, promoting the Putin version of events at every opportunity.
This means you're in favour of little kids being murdered, so long as those murders are in Russia's name.
Nassty little Gollum.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
More reports of scuffles along the border.
A battle over aid in Venezuela - and a border zone primed to explode | CBC News
Venezuelans scramble for aid amid deadly clashes with military at border | CBC News
Nothing decisive has happened so far. The aid "caravans" are being used as parades for the opposition politicians to show themselves to their supporters.

The main opposition strategy at this point seems to be to apply pressure to the police and army to get them to defect and overthrow Maduro and allow Guaido to take over. The pressure involves propaganda which seems to be cutting a very fine line between appeals to patriotism and veiled threats of what may happen to those in uniform who were on the "wrong" side if the opposition gets into power.

Maduro's strategy seems to be to wait it out and hope the opposition supporters get tired or something. The army and police don't seem to have the stomach for enforcing a serious crackdown.

However, there are reports of the citizen's militia mobilizing, complete with guns and body armour. These people are generally much more supportive of Maduro. If things kick off in a serious way then these people may be the ones involved.

Pretty much anything could happen at this point. And of course if Guaido wins and takes over, things are not necessarily over then either if the new regime doesn't make some serious peace offers to the social classes who currently support Maduro.

Pretty much anything could happen at this point. And of course if Guaido wins and takes over, things are not necessarily over then either if the new regime doesn't make some serious peace offers to the social classes who currently support Maduro.
Having new elections with neutral observers overseeing the vote would go a long way to lessening any resistance, leaving only the fanatics who wont change for anything. Of course the same should be the case if Maduro won again from a genuinely free & fair election.

Latest Threads