Venezuela - coup d'état?

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Venezuela INVASION: US troops and equipment MASSING at Maduro's border - SHOCK CLAIM

But who are these Russian officials? When and where have they sounded the allegations? It is not clear. I haven't find anything in Russian mass media.
Look closer.

US deploying special forces, equipment to Venezuelan border, says Moscow

Is TASS not a major Russian news agency? It seems unlikely that you hadn't noticed the story if you have been searching Russian mass media.

Venezuela INVASION: US troops and equipment MASSING at Maduro's border - SHOCK CLAIM

But who are these Russian officials? When and where have they sounded the allegations? It is not clear. I haven't find anything in Russian mass media.
Interfax news - Interfax
Your ‘crooks and thieves’ in the Foreign Ministry:
5:04
U.S. might be planning to buy weapons from E. European country, use them in Venezuela - Russian Foreign Ministry

15:00
PUTIN, RUSSIAN SECURITY COUNCIL MEMBERS DISCUSS WORK ON ORDERS FOLLOWING PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS - PESKOV

15:00
MICEX and RTS Indexes at 15:00 MSK

14:58
U.S. moving special forces, equipment to Venezuelan border - Russian Foreign Ministry

I would like to repeat the quote
AMERICAN troops are massing at the Venezuela border, Russian officials are claiming, sparking fears Donald Trump's forces are poised to invade the South American state.
Now let's compare it with the real statement
US deploying special forces, equipment to Venezuelan border, says Moscow
The US is deploying special forces and equipment to the Venezuelan border, getting ready to stage a provocation involving a humanitarian aid convoy, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said at a briefing on Friday.
From my point of view there is a huge difference between invasion and provocation. The very word 'invasion' was not used in the statement. But the word 'provocation' really used by mrs.Zakharova was not mentioned in the article.
To stage a provocation it is not needed to have massive military presence.

It is just an example of misreporting of statements made by Russian officials in Western mass media. Btw, recently, Russian FM Lavrov was questioned by the Washington Post reporter.
Russian minister calls Gavin Williamson 'minister for war'
Lavrov also refused to answer a question from a Washington Post reporter asking him if he intended to secure peace in Syria and prevent Bashar al-Assad from committing further atrocities on his people. Lavrov said: “Whatever I answer, you will write whatever you want, so do it.”
Why not to report any answer or statement 'as is'?

(...) We were told that 3 mln have left Venezuela. But are they Venezuelans or foreigners? I suspect that they were mainly Colombians. (...)
It is a very interesting question as to what has happened to those millions of Colombians who were living illegally in Venezuela. However, I don't pretend to have an answer as we only have that one CBC story from several years ago telling us about Venezuela expelling illegal immigrants from Colombia.

It looks as Maduro have sufficient resources to feed own population. In fact, it looks as Venezuela doesn't need humanitarian aid at all. So all this fuss about (really insignificant) US humanitarian aid is apparently politically moticated.
The root of the present economic crisis in Venezuela lies in the combination of inflation and price controls. The Venezuelan economy would recover significantly if those were done away with.

However, I have yet to see anything coming from Guaido which suggests that he has any idea of what to do to address Venezuela's economic problems or that he is willing to do it. Simply returning the old kleptocracy to power is not a long term solution in itself as it does nothing to address the underlying social problems that led to the rise of Chavez to begin with.

Given who is currently resident in the White House, I suspect that Washington's "solution" begins and ends with selling Venezuela's oil assets to American companies at knock down prices, and also an IMF loan, the re-payments for which will leave Venezuelans destitute for a generation.

Given the above, the turmoil in Venezuela may abate for a while if Maduro is ousted, but it is easy to imagine far more serious problems arising in later years.

USSF / SOUTHCOM have ongoing missions in Colombia
News
The US has been dropping broad hints about sending their army to Venezuela for a while now. Bolton's "5,000 troops to Colombia" "accidental leak" is one example.

There are no reports of large scale preparations by the US army for a full on invasion, but it is possible that something smaller scale may be planned.

I don't know much about the following newspaper other than that this is the English edition of one of Brazil's largest newspapers.
US Pressures Brazil To Use Armed Forces In Venezuela Relief Operation
They are reporting that the US is pressuring Brazil to use their army in Venezuela. The Brazilian government is resisting the pressure, and have also refused to allow US troops to use Brazilian territory against Venezuela.
The United States wants Brazil to use its Armed Forces in its Venezuelan relief operation, but the Brazilian Defense Department is resisting the proposal out of fear that the situation at the border evolves to open conflict and also ruled out allowing American forces into Roraima to help the aid efforts.
The Brazilian government has said that humanitarian aid efforts are already being coordinated with the US, but no military forces will be permitted to be involved. Any supplies must be driven over the border by Venezuelan nationals.
In the last few weeks, the United States has been signaling that it would like to be allowed into the Brazil-Venezuela border, as well.

The Bolsonaro administration said that the relief efforts are already being coordinated with the American government, but ruled out any actual involvement from military forces from either Washington or Brasília. The supplies will be transported in trucks from Venezuela driven by Venezuelan nationals.
The US had been certain that Brazil would allow American troops to operate from Brazil because the Brazilian foreign minister is a Trump fan (the new Brazilian president is a right wing populist also and has been labelled "Tropical Trump").
Sources told Folha that the US State Department was certain that Brazil would allow American troops in Roraima, given the first exchanges it had with Foreign Affairs Minister Ernesto Araújo - a self-declared Trump fan.

*Russian Troll*
'You must decide which side you are on in this definitive hour. To all the military: between today and tomorrow, you will define how you want to be remembered.'

Guaido has vowed the opposition will bring in foreign aid from neighboring countries on Saturday and called on security forces to disobey Maduro and let supplies into the country suffering food and medicine shortages.

Two dead as Venezuelan troops open fire on civilians trying to keep Brazil border open | Daily Mail Online

Maduro killing his own people?

1550873885475.png

The US has been dropping broad hints about sending their army to Venezuela for a while now. Bolton's "5,000 troops to Colombia" "accidental leak" is one example.

There are no reports of large scale preparations by the US army for a full on invasion, but it is possible that something smaller scale may be planned.
Yeah yeah yeah, US Army isn't invading Venezuela.... (Though every competent military would make contingency plans)

Deception Maskirovka ala Operation Quicksilver can be a weapon and having Bolton show that could make Maduro shit himself about a brigade of the 82nd showing up.

There was some sort of trouble along the border with Brazil on Friday between the Pemon Indians and the Venezuelan National Guard. There aren't a lot of details at this time.
Duelling Venezuela concerts hope to sway music lovers, public opinion | CBC News
He said members of the Pemon ethnic group clashed with the Venezuela National Guard and army, who were moving tanks to the border with Brazil a day after Maduro ordered the closing of the international border crossing.
One person was reported killed by a gunshot, and several others were injured with rubber bullets and tear gas. It is not clear from the report whether or not the "gun shot" was a rubber bullet.
Emilio Gonzalez, mayor of the Venezuela border town of Gran Sabana, identified the woman killed by a gunshot as Zoraida Rodriguez, a member of an Indigenous community.

(...) There was no immediate information on the condition of those injured in the clash along the Brazil and Venezuelan border, but Gonzalez said they were taken for medical treatment after soldiers fired rubber bullets and tear gas.

*Russian Troll*
I don't think Op Venezuela Freedom has the backing of the pop over in country no matter what Guaido
and his soon-to-be-a-lot richer mates say.

Let me get this straight - sticking it to Americans ans signalling your anti Trump position is more important than the humanitarian situation on the ground in Venezuela? Marxist brotherhood is great - as long as it is someone else's children being starved for it.

'You must decide which side you are on in this definitive hour. To all the military: between today and tomorrow, you will define how you want to be remembered.'

Guaido has vowed the opposition will bring in foreign aid from neighboring countries on Saturday and called on security forces to disobey Maduro and let supplies into the country suffering food and medicine shortages.

Two dead as Venezuelan troops open fire on civilians trying to keep Brazil border open | Daily Mail Online

Maduro killing his own people?

View attachment 379256
How many trolls are you?

He's been claiming he's an ex squaddie since he first started posting, I beg to differ. Not seen any evidence from him. Clearly another cog in Vlads troll army.
It refers to Afghanistan as "Ganners" so clearly it's gen.

As in a genuine, barking moonbat, tinfoil hatted, bumlicking Putinbot.

Latest Threads