Venezuela about to go down the tubes...a lesson for Corbyn and the Labour Party perhaps?

That's a good point, he will be too useless to even manage screwing up things as he would like. Still he has plenty of idiotic flunkeys to help him achieve his aim.
There's no way he'd be PM for long, either he would be persuaded to retire, he'd be forced out, or he will have an unexplained accident

John McDonnell will be Labour leader by hook or by crook

£73 a week?

Jesus where are you lot dining?

Try £25 a week.

John West Tuna Pasta meals x 5
Bunch of bananas
Bunch of apples / oranges
6 Pack of Walkers Sunbites
Nature Valley Salted Caramel Protein Bars
2 tins baked beans
1 loaf Kingsmill
Ham trimmings
Breakfast Biscuits

I go to B & M first to get any of the above on offer, then Asda afterwards to get the remainder.

Every now and then I do top-up shops for things that last months like toothpaste, soap, etc.

Free teabags at work, free bog roll etc. Free showers at the gym.

And I've never been out of full time employment :-D
You're some one else who has not bothered to read or even worse failed to comprehend my posts concerning the £73. Which is no surprise given your username.

The same people who bailed out the bankers!

Do you have any idea of how much tax revenue is collected by the government from the richest 1% of the UK population? The parasites that you despise so much pay 28% of tax revenues.

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
You're some one else who has not bothered to read or even worse failed to comprehend my posts concerning the £73. Which is no surprise given your username.
Have a large cup of CYD - I was simply responding to Wordsmith ;-)

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
Yes, but because you failed to find out whre he got that figure from. You were wrongly under the impression that people on Universal Credit, had £73 per week available for food shopping.
I wasn't under any impression.

A member recalls me experimenting with a food budget of x amount of pounds, I chipped in with what I actually spend.

It had nothing to do with the thread content nor your own situation.

But on topic, having read back a little I completely agree with your original words. After bills, you're left with next to knack all.

;)

I never said that. Nor do I consider people earning 46k to be rich.
Then, you didn't read the article that you quoted in answer to the question about how you would define being rich.

Could you now please answer the original question rather than deflecting with links that you later dispute.

Am pretty certain that you don't pay VAT on food. So what I said still stands.
"Food and drink for human consumption is usually zero-rated but some items are always standard-rated. These include catering, alcoholic drinks, confectionery, crisps and savoury snacks, hot food, sports drinks, hot takeaways, ice cream, soft drinks and mineral water."

Electricity for domestic and residential use or for non-business use by a charity 5% vat.

Latest Threads