Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VEHICLE & MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN 12 year Commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at VEHICLE & MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN for the three years training with pay.
I'm 16 therefore will finish before im 20.
However i have seen that there is a 12 year commitment.
What exactly does this mean ???
That they can call you whenever within these 12 years however i was looking for a long term career in film therefore this would possibly affect that.
If it is what i think it is, where they will call you when they need me, is there a way to bypass it ???

Looking at VEHICLE & MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN for the three years training with pay.
I'm 16 therefore will finish before im 20.
However i have seen that there is a 12 year commitment.
What exactly does this mean ???
That they can call you whenever within these 12 years however i was looking for a long term career in film therefore this would possibly affect that.
If it is what i think it is, where they will call you when they need me, is there a way to bypass it ???

Once you're trained, they'll be calling you nearly every day.

So after the 3 years of training, the 12 years commitment wont be an opportunity for me to start another career off, it will be raf based, being called in, as you say nearly every day for the majority/all the 12 years.

*bites tounge*

You sign up for 12 years. Yes you have to go to work as required during them 12 years unless you like getting a new hoop torn or have a strong desire to live in Colchester (jail).

You can leave earlier by PVR (premature voluntary retirement) but there is usually a period between signing off and being allowed to leave.

Remember, you are volunteering to sign up.
If you don't like what is on offer, or want to do something completely different as soon as you finish training, I suggest you go and waste somebody else's time. Go to college or something.

Lollers.

Has to be a troll.

Did you mention the automatic Reserve status where they can be called up again afterwards if necessary? ;)

"Has to be a troll"
How ?

It's just dawned on me.

You actually think that it's like a college and you just roll up, learn a trade at great expense to the taxpayer, then bugger off to go spannering for Eddie Stobart.

Haaaaaaahahaha.

You sign up to be a Vehicle Tech for 12 years.

At the beginning of the 12 years, they teach you what you need to know so you can do your job.

It sounds like you don't have any interest in serving in the forces and just want to sponge a qualification.

I suggest you go forth and multiply in short, sharp jerky movements.

No i dont want to sponge a qualification, i want to sponge a life long skill.

Which means that after YOUR nation has invested time and money to train you, YOU are expected to actually give something back. It's called military service.

If you're just interested in sponging, find another career.

Regards,
MM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads