Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vehicle Mechanic

Pred

Crow
Hi guys I have been advised to post up in this section of the Forums as I'm interested in becoming a VM within the REME. I'm just looking for any more general information as to;

- What daily life is like as a VM
- What is the training like in Phase 2
- What are the prospects for further training after Phase 2

I've also noticed that VM is one of the few jobs that are on the "Priority" list on the Army website, I'm guessing there are advantages/disadvantages on how to interpret this. One advantage being maybe better promotion prospects as there are currently less people doing the job? Disadvantages being massive workloads as there are not enough people to do the job and more than a few people have transferred out of the job recently? Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

Here is a link to the other post I put up in the Joining the Army Soldier section of the forums if any of you are interested.

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/vehicle-mechanic-joining-in-late-twenties.289558/

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, any information/advice you have is appreciated.

Latest Threads