Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Deanizere2oo9, Jan 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. IF i earn this at the end of my phase 2 training will i be able to drive a normal car with this licence?. I know C+E are large vehicles and i know a car and a wagon or a van is alot different. If anyone knows about this it would help me alot thanks ;)
  2. You'll get car licence first.
  3. you need to pass B licence (car) before you do C & C+E
  4. Yay thanks alot great help ;)
  5. Fugly

    Fugly LE DirtyBAT

    Incorrect - sort of. If you attend Leconfield at the end of training without a car licence, you will be taught to drive in a Cat C vehicle - when you take your test, you will get Cat B and C at the same time. If however the Cat C course is run by your unit, then a B licence is required beforehand.
  6. so your saying that i will have to pay for driving lessons and get a Cat B before i get to that phase in the army training?
  7. Fugly

    Fugly LE DirtyBAT


    If the Army requires you to drive to carry out your job (and as a VM a driving licence is pretty much mandatory) then the Army will provide and pay for all licences and training required.
  8. sweet :D i cant wait to join in september
  9. Fugly

    Fugly LE DirtyBAT

    And now it emerges that you're on about TA training - in which case ignore all of the above and ask in the TA forum.
  10. What Fugly means is that you will learn in a Cat C vehicle. When you pass this test you automatically get the Class B licence.

    You then go on the do your C+E training.
  11. do you have to wait til the end of phase 2 to do your driving license or can you do it in phase 1??

    answer wud be appreciated :D !!!

    thank youu
  12. phase 1 no!!
    Not enough time to train you up as a soldier and driving lessons.
    Driver training will be done at phase 2 mainly, but you learn to drive many vehicles for the army through out your career.