VEHICLE MECHANIC - C+E LICENCE

IF i earn this at the end of my phase 2 training will i be able to drive a normal car with this licence?. I know C+E are large vehicles and i know a car and a wagon or a van is alot different. If anyone knows about this it would help me alot thanks ;)

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
Detonator said:
You'll get car licence first.
you need to pass B licence (car) before you do C & C+E
Incorrect - sort of. If you attend Leconfield at the end of training without a car licence, you will be taught to drive in a Cat C vehicle - when you take your test, you will get Cat B and C at the same time. If however the Cat C course is run by your unit, then a B licence is required beforehand.

Fugly said:
Detonator said:
You'll get car licence first.
you need to pass B licence (car) before you do C & C+E
Incorrect - sort of. If you attend Leconfield at the end of training without a car licence, you will be taught to drive in a Cat C vehicle - when you take your test, you will get Cat B and C at the same time. If however the Cat C course is run by your unit, then a B licence is required beforehand.
so your saying that i will have to pay for driving lessons and get a Cat B before i get to that phase in the army training?

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
Deanizere2oo9 said:
so your saying that i will have to pay for driving lessons and get a Cat B before i get to that phase in the army training?
No.

If the Army requires you to drive to carry out your job (and as a VM a driving licence is pretty much mandatory) then the Army will provide and pay for all licences and training required.

Fugly said:
No.

If the Army requires you to drive to carry out your job (and as a VM a driving licence is pretty much mandatory) then the Army will provide and pay for all licences and training required.
sweet :D i cant wait to join in september

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
And now it emerges that you're on about TA training - in which case ignore all of the above and ask in the TA forum.

What Fugly means is that you will learn in a Cat C vehicle. When you pass this test you automatically get the Class B licence.

You then go on the do your C+E training.

yorkshireboyy16 said:
do you have to wait until the end of phase 2 to do your driving license or can you do it in phase 1??

answer would be appreciated :D !!!

thank you
phase 1 no!!
Not enough time to train you up as a soldier and driving lessons.
Driver training will be done at phase 2 mainly, but you learn to drive many vehicles for the army through out your career.