Vehicle Icons

Hi all.

I'm looking for some line drawing side-view images of military vehicles, especially Wolf with trailer. White fleet would be handy too, in fact, any vehicle you'd find in a Signals regiment, as that's what I need to depict with pretty pictures.

If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Squeaker said:
Hi all.

I'm looking for some line drawing side-view images of military vehicles, especially Wolf with trailer. White fleet would be handy too, in fact, any vehicle you'd find in a Signals regiment, as that's what I need to depict with pretty pictures.

Thanks
How about you tell us what it is you want them for first?

Speedy said:
Squeaker said:
Hi all.

Thanks
Because lets face it if you wanted JPEG Drawings for recognition purposes you wouldn’t go to somewhere like

This :roll:

It's not for anything exciting, just putting up a pictorial representation of the troop, and want to use vehicle icons. Just had a re-shuffle in the squadron, so if I have some simple orbat on the office wall, the soldiers will know what dets they're on.

Also intending to list the comms assets so it's quick and easy to identify what's currently working and available (thinking something like a comstat board)

And before you all start saying the toms will figure it out in a week, it's a TA unit with a UK Ops role, so there's quite a few different means and not much time with hands on, so the more obvious the better.

Oh, and thanks to the guys that have suggested places where I can get them, but as I don't have access to anything of any real use, I have to source this kind of thing myself relying on the goodwill of others who do.

verticalgyro said:
It's going to be some bone thing like an MT Fleet management wallchart.

He isn't asking for the Death Star plans so those pesky Jedi and the Rebel Alliance can find an exhaust port, so stop acting like drama queens about it.
Why do you have any? :D

Pob02

War Hero
Book Reviewer
llech said:
verticalgyro said:
It's going to be some bone thing like an MT Fleet management wallchart.

He isn't asking for the Death Star plans so those pesky Jedi and the Rebel Alliance can find an exhaust port, so stop acting like drama queens about it.
Why do you have any? :D
Death Star Plans
Deathstar Blueprints

these help ?

Squeaker said:
meridian said:
Before you lot take the p1ss have a look at Junior General

http://www.juniorgeneral.org/
http://www.juniorgeneral.org/load.php?Period=9#European

OK, you can now take the P1ss :D

Spotty dog! For that kind of help, yes you can indeed take the piss!

Thanks meridian, mucho appreciated. Just need the white fleet stuff now, I'll keep hunting.
Here's the Ford range:

http://www.ford.co.uk/hidden/Configurator/configureTransit

Have a play with it and grab it with a "print screen"

other manufacturers have similar imagery.

for use with any vehicles:

find google image. save image.
open in MS Photo Editor / Apple iPhoto / Photoshop etc.
Bang up contrast to full.
Bang down brightness to minimum.
Bang up contrast to full again.

You should have a black and white silhouette where the vehicle (minus windows, maybe) is one solid black and the background is solid white.

Speedy said:
Squeaker said:
Hi all.

Thanks
does it matter? the outline of a Wolf and Trailer is hardly the Army's most valuable secret...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Tanks, planes & ships 8
msr Army Reserve 3
themalky RLC 48