Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Vegetarians

Bugsy said:
jarrod248 said:
If they are against animals being killed but have leather shoes, they need to seriously consider what this means. I have thought long and hard about this over the years and it means they are hypocritical cnuts.
I'd tend to disagree with that statement, Jarrod. It assumes that folks automatically takes things to extremes in what they believe. By the same token it'd conceivably be legitimate to ask a deeply religious person why s/he isn't a nun/monk. The reason they're not is because they've found a level of interactivity with their beliefs at which they feel comfortable in their everyday lives.

It's much the same with vegetarianism/veganism. It's not an Manichean "either-you-are-or-you-ain't" prospect. Of course, you'll always get the true nutters who sublimate their whole lives to being a vegetarian/vegan, but most of us, as in the a/m example, find a personal level of existence within the wide boundaries of non-vegetarianism/veganism and the extreme tenets propagated by those who use vegetarianism/veganism primarily as a differentiating factor between themselves and others. These sort of folks are the ones who get us normal peeps a bad name.

However, I have the impression from a few of the replies that there's a certain tendency to regard veggies/vegans as a bit less "manly" than the rufty-tufty dead-flesh eaters. That would, in part, explain why there's appears to be a propensity to ridicule ALL veggies/vegans.

MsG

Especially the herbivores , eh?

Bugsy said:
So while it's necessary to not lose sight of the argument itself, it's also necessary to go about things in a practical fashion.

Spoken like a true Jew clutching his "Turkey" sandwich in one hand and a glass of milk in the other, my omnivorous mücker :)

At last a bit of sense is injected into th discussion.

jest265 said:
Markintime said:
Man can quite easily live on a vegetarian diet alone.

As long as he takes a dozen or so daily supplements.

Why? A vegetarian diet can be healthier than that of a meat eater, if done properly.

Absolutely correct Jest.

If you happen to be born a herbivore that is.

Bugsy said:
On the one hand you have the fact that leather's been amply proved to be a suitable material for boots/shoes and on the other the fact that there's really no substitute for it.

In exactly the same way that venison's been amply proved to be a suitable material for decent steak dinner or braai and the fact that there's really no substitute for it.

Gren said:
I just personally think its a load of shite, and a life choice made by fookin idiots who for some very odd reason, have decided not to do what they were designed for, and eat meat.

The very sad ones, who refuse to drink milk or wear leather or fur etc etc, are just beyond help, they seriously are very odd.

Why refuse to wear leather? why not drink milk? if God wanted us to be veggies and whatever the other fooked upped versions are, he wouldnt have given us the built in tools to allow the eating of them, would he?

If he wanted us to eat veg alone, we would all have a gob full of molars, and three stomaches to digest with, our appendix would still be a useful part of the body, and we would have hoofs not feet.

As to not wearing certain animal materials, I wonder how many vegan/veggie/whatevers, lived or indeed survived way back when?
Answer? none, because its a load of balls, and is a very recent thing in modern history, brought about by hippy ******* who love the earth, like it gives a shite back.

Fookin tw@s the lot of em.
I’ll leave the question of god out of it. But you seem to think that just because we do things, they must, by definition, be “natural”. That doesn’t make it so, and it doesn’t make those who decide not to do it “fookin’ idiots”. Why would you assume that they’re “idiots” anyway when it’s quite obvious that most of them aren’t? Is it because they don't do what you do? Isn't that a bit of an intolerant attitude?

Wearing shoes at all is “unnatural”, as is flying in planes, driving cars, living a 100 floors up in a block of flats, eating baked beans from a tin and any number of other things that we accept as part of our way of life, but are by no means "natural".

Drinking milk; milk is for calves, not humans. There's a reason why humans are weaned off breast-milk, just as calves are weaned off cow's milk. In addition, in South East Asia, they don't drink milk as a rule after their childhood, and they can't, since they no longer have the enzymes to process it.

I disagree that it’s a very recent development in modern history. There’s plenty of evidence to support the case that the diet of ancient humans was primarily vegetarian, and that the transition to being omnivores happened in the comparatively recent past. It wasn't introduced by "hippy *******", as you'd obviously like to believe. And although it's a bit off-thread: why exactly are hippies “wankers”?

MsG

Gren said:
blind_monkey said:
I always assumed the "veggie" option at BBQ's was the Chicken?

The only veggie option at my BBQ's, is fook off and dont come to my house you veggie tw@s

... and on your way out, make sure you present youself at the local Police station and sign "that register"...

Gren said:
blind_monkey said:
I always assumed the "veggie" option at BBQ's was the Chicken?

The only veggie option at my BBQ's, is fook off and dont come to my house you veggie tw@s
Or the veggie could be done slowly over the hot coals and served up on a pitta bread with a sliver of ice berg lettuce and a thimble of onion and a good tomato chutney :roll:

jarrod248 said:
DavetheApe said:
My 17 year old son is a Vegetable-ist. He claims he "doesn't like the taste" which is one small step up from claiming to feel sorry for the poor animals with their big, sad, brown eyes.

I keep cooking bacon in the hope the smell will turn him, but all it's doing is making me even fatter.

Any suggestions? Is there a camp in America that can "turn" them? Much like the Evangelical Christians try and turn gay people straight?

Dave, sorry I'm afraid I have to break the news, he listens to ABBA a lot and is interested in soft furnishings and moisturises. You have to face facts.....

Jarrod old bean, it would be so much simpler if he were gay. I'd not have to cook two different meals when the Domestic OC has delegated me as senior subordinate commander for a start. And I'm sure he would wash more frequently.... :wink:

Bugsy said:
Gren said:
I just personally think its a load of shite, and a life choice made by fookin idiots who for some very odd reason, have decided not to do what they were designed for, and eat meat.

The very sad ones, who refuse to drink milk or wear leather or fur etc etc, are just beyond help, they seriously are very odd.

Why refuse to wear leather? why not drink milk? if God wanted us to be veggies and whatever the other fooked upped versions are, he wouldnt have given us the built in tools to allow the eating of them, would he?

If he wanted us to eat veg alone, we would all have a gob full of molars, and three stomaches to digest with, our appendix would still be a useful part of the body, and we would have hoofs not feet.

As to not wearing certain animal materials, I wonder how many vegan/veggie/whatevers, lived or indeed survived way back when?
Answer? none, because its a load of balls, and is a very recent thing in modern history, brought about by hippy ******* who love the earth, like it gives a shite back.

I’ll leave the question of god out of it. But you seem to think that just because we do things, they must, by definition, be “natural”. That doesn’t make it so, and it doesn’t make those who decide not to do it “fookin’ idiots”. Why would you assume that they’re “idiots” anyway when it’s quite obvious that most of them aren’t? Is it because they don't do what you do? Isn't that a bit of an intolerant attitude?

Wearing shoes at all is “unnatural”, as is flying in planes, driving cars, living a 100 floors up in a block of flats, eating baked beans from a tin and any number of other things that we accept as part of our way of life, but are by no means "natural".

Drinking milk; milk is for calves, not humans. There's a reason why humans are weaned off breast-milk, just as calves are weaned off cow's milk. In addition, in South East Asia, they don't drink milk as a rule after their childhood, and they can't, since they no longer have the enzymes to process it.

I disagree that it’s a very recent development in modern history. There’s plenty of evidence to support the case that the diet of ancient humans was primarily vegetarian, and that the transition to being omnivores happened in the comparatively recent past. It wasn't introduced by "hippy *******", as you'd obviously like to believe. And although it's a bit off-thread: why exactly are hippies “wankers”?

MsG

So some far off race cannot tolerate milk, that then makes it wrong? grow up.

Hippies are *******, no reason I can see to have to justify that statement.

Eating meat in the human race is as natural as farting or having sex, as is wearing shoes to stop us from hurting our feet, its called adapting to advancement in our lives, so therefore, going backwards into just eating veg, is wrong, in the advancement stakes, if nothing else.
And is very wrong in the natural order of what we are, omnivorus, which we are, we eat everything, cattle eat veg, Lions eat meat, we eat a varied and wide selection of both, tis why we are top of the food chain.
And it is also why veggies are considered beardy hippy *******, with no more right to live on gods green earth than a rapist.

Greenpeace/Friends of the earth, and all those hippy type fucktards who weave their own beards and overgrown vaginal hair collections, into eco friendly nature baskets for the collection of naturally wind blown apples, in some strange hope it will give the planet a longer life, really get on my tits TBH.
And veggies are just an offshoot of them, which is why i say what I do.

You have teeth I assume? how many of them are in your mouth to eat veg alone? 4 on each side, 8 counting top and bottom sets, the rest are for eating meat, and breaking the food down, so given we have on average 32 teeth, veggies are not naturallly what we are.

So get over it you hippy cunt.

Gren said:
Bugsy said:
Gren said:

MsG

So some far off race cannot tolerate milk, that then makes it wrong? grow up.

Hippies are *******, no reason I can see to have to justify that statement.

Eating meat in the human race is as natural as farting or having sex, as is wearing shoes to stop us from hurting our feet, its called adapting to advancement in our lives, so therefore, going backwards into just eating veg, is wrong, in the advancement stakes, if nothing else.
And is very wrong in the natural order of what we are, omnivorus, which we are, we eat everything, cattle eat veg, Lions eat meat, we eat a varied and wide selection of both, tis why we are top of the food chain.
And it is also why veggies are considered beardy hippy *******, with no more right to live on gods green earth than a rapist.

Greenpeace/Friends of the earth, and all those hippy type fucktards who weave their own beards and overgrown vaginal hair collections, into eco friendly nature baskets for the collection of naturally wind blown apples, in some strange hope it will give the planet a longer life, really get on my tits TBH.
And veggies are just an offshoot of them, which is why i say what I do.

You have teeth I assume? how many of them are in your mouth to eat veg alone? 4 on each side, 8 counting top and bottom sets, the rest are for eating meat, and breaking the food down, so given we have on average 32 teeth, veggies are not naturallly what we are.

So get over it you hippy cunt.
My Bold - Hippies ******* -same number of letters in each of those so case proven!