Vegetarian Walts.. What next?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by msr, Nov 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Vegetarianism used to be simple - its protagonists foreswore the flesh of any dead animal. Today there are "veggies" who eat fish, and people who eat no meat but don't call themselves vegetarians. What happened?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8341002.stm

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

You forgot Vegans, and Vampires.

3. Bloody hell!!

Vampires are a form of vegetarian??

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

They don't eat meat. Hope that helps.

5. But they bite INTO meat! so does that still count!!

not that their are any REAL Vampires!.........hold on not so sure about the mess waitress in Southwick Park, so i will take that back!!

Still!!! it's a bit extreme to rope the blood suckers (no not MOD Civil Service) into the "Veggie" group!!

6. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

7. Who mentioned Vampires, bloody Romanians bastards get eveywhere

VH

8. I am SURE that she is not a Veggie!!

Attached Files:

9. Are Black Puddings... vegetables :p ...??

10. The last vegetable I ate was an eight year old Downs kiddy......

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

12. Bugsy will be along soon and put you right.

13. With all these various classifications, folks do seem to be complicating things, don't they? The only one I've never heard of is when somebody's a vegetarian, but doesn't admit it. That seems a bit strange.

Anyway, I won't be "putting anybody right". That's not my place at all. I'm a vegan (in case I hadn't mentioned it), but I don't give a monkey's what others scoff. As long as everybody's satisfied with their diet and eating habits, that's the main thing. But I don't have a problem discussing veggie/vegan diets if somebody feels I might be able to give them some info.

The very worst "vegetarians/vegans", in my view, are the annoying, self-righteous knobs who try their best to give everybody a bad conscience just because they scoff meat. I believe that's totally out of place and I can't stand such folks. They give us all a bad name.

MsG

14. Sat next to this whining upper class doris on a plane once doing her nut at the trolley dolly because she'd been brought a vegetarian meal. "But I'm a lacto-vegetarian and this has got cheese in it". She should have had my meat, chicken with pasta, it wasn't meat as I know it, more like rotted down melon with string.
    I also went to the Rock Island Diner at Meadowhall with a crowd of mates, ended up sitting next to some doris who wouldn't shut up about meat is murder and kept telling me I should get the veggieburger. I told her I'd get the veggieburger if she'd have the 1/2 pounder dead cow burger I had my eye on if I couldn't find something made out of dead suckling calf ripped away from its mother. I think she got the message because she didn't speak to me again and even asked one or two people if they would swap places with her so she didn't have to be next to that uncouth murderer. :D

Veggies: I've shat 'em!

15. I'm currently banging a veggie walt who just doesn't eat meat (Wahey ;) ) but thinks fish is okay.

I thought it was just her being sh1t at being a veggie but now it seems there are more of them...

Good Spot!