Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Vegans and their totally cray-zay antics

The wife fancied a a roast vegetable and cheese pizza the other day and came home with one of these.

77390688_586412498844155_3029445962559962304_n.jpg

It was ok but nothing special. Out of curiosity I toook a look at the fat and salt levels...

Fats - 21% (amber warning)
Saturated Fats - 36% (red warning)
Salt - 25% (amber warning)
Sugar - 12%

I won't listen to any vegan telling me how much better his diet is compared to mine if he is eating stuff like that.
I would have been better off eating the cardboard box...
To be fair a lot of supermarket style pizzas are like that whether meat based or not. I wouldn't buy something like that preferring to make my own or go to the takeaway round the corner that makes everything from scratch.

But you do have a point, there are vegetarians and vegans who think that because something doesn't have the ingredients they eschew then it must be good for them. There are some vegetarians who eat less healthy than some rational meat eaters because they don't really look at what they are eating.

I do take care to eat a variety with plenty of veg and fruit. Others don't. Like meat eaters really, some eat healthy others don't.

Brian May intends to preach to us about how great being vegan is and makes a comparison between meat eating and slavery - we've always done it but we can change.

Vegan I may be. But I refuse to give up my slaves.
The very thought of it.
Who does this beatnik think he is?

Brian May knows as much of rural affairs as BobGeldorf does about good parenting

That's the badger!

If you drive along a lot of Dorset roads you tend to see quite a few dead badgers and foxes on the roadside. You have to wonder if they are so stupid that they wait by the roadside and deliberately stick their heads out into oncoming traffic so as to minimise driver inconvenience when getting killed. Or is there an unofficial cull already in progress and the bodies are dumped in the hope that a wide load driving close to the road edge will destroy the evidence?

This is supposed to make us feel guilty and ashamed. Makes me feel a bit peckish:
View attachment 467123
Never killed an animal larger than a fly. I felt a sense of satisfaction about splatting the irritating buzzing bastard.

If I scaled up to a piglet would I feel more satisfaction as the animal is larger or less because it's not an annoying waste of life? How would this counterbalance with the satisfaction of dinner later?

Never killed an animal larger than a fly. I felt a sense of satisfaction about splatting the irritating buzzing bastard.

If I scaled up to a piglet would I feel more satisfaction as the animal is larger or less because it's not an annoying waste of life? How would this counterbalance with the satisfaction of dinner later?
I think it would depend on your involvement with the animals life, how sentient you consider it to be and your rationale for killing it.

Last edited:
Vegan food could be in short supply soon. We could see panic buying at the veg counter and the frozen quorn freezer. Soya may be the next bog role.

What with those nasty eastern Europeans not turning up to pick our veg due to CV19 veg from this country and Spain could be in short supply.

Must gets some more frozen garden peas before the rush.