Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Vegans and their totally cray-zay antics

With the exception of the Dog, I've munched on all of them since lockdown began. Hell, if Tesco and Aldi hadn't sorted their stock levels out, the Dog would easily have been next on the menu.

Every militant Vegan should be force fed either that dog or one of their favourite relatives.
scraps.jpg

Grow your own (non frozen) peas
And how many bags will I eventually get from my balcony window box?

But seriously, I have a small garden and have grown them before but the yield was small and it will be months before I get any and then what, 9 months waiting for the next crop. It's easier to walk down to Tesco 500m away.

But seriously, I have a small garden and have grown them before but the yield was small and it will be months before I get any and then what, 9 months waiting for the next crop. It's easier to walk down to Tesco 500m away.
Yeah but you then don't get the pleasure of ripping the pods from the plant, cleaving them open and ripping out the peas from their nest.

Never killed an animal larger than a fly. I felt a sense of satisfaction about splatting the irritating buzzing bastard.

If I scaled up to a piglet would I feel more satisfaction as the animal is larger or less because it's not an annoying waste of life? ...

I think, if a piglet was flying round your front room, buzzing and banging its head against the windows, it would be quite pleasurable to splat it.

Admittedly you have to grow a huge amount to get a decent return . From what I grow I expect to get perhaps half a dozen meals for the two of us . Planted a larger amount this year in tubs and window boxes around the garden so they are off the ground or fenced off away from the chickens . However a chicken managed to get to one row of pots and destroyed every plant . One window box is now home to a blackbird and her three little eggs and snails have now started feasting on a third lot .
Your'e right Teco's is easier :-D

Finished last years spuds a couple of weeks ago.
I grow spuds every year but only a few . Normally in the pots I grow the peas in once I have harvested them .
My main crop is runner beans , generally get enough to last us through 11 or 12 months .

What with those nasty eastern Europeans not turning up to pick our veg due to CV19 veg from this country and Spain could be in short supply.

Hah! Last week at the market a twat tried to charge me 3.50€ for a cauliflower when a couple of weeks before they were between 1-2€. Cabron.

Still got lots of casual labour to pick fruit n veg 'cos they won't be working in tourism.
Luckily my landlord has a big vegetable garden, I've been planting salad stuff.
Got loads of chard which is great with spuds, and spinach.
Waiting for spuds and tomatoes.
(Never touch quorn btw.)

Brian May intends to preach to us about how great being vegan is and makes a comparison between meat eating and slavery - we've always done it but we can change.

some people really do need a pneumonia sandwich

Hah! Last week at the market a twat tried to charge me 3.50€ for a cauliflower when a couple of weeks before they were between 1-2€. Cabron.

Still got lots of casual labour to pick fruit n veg 'cos they won't be working in tourism.
Luckily my landlord has a big vegetable garden, I've been planting salad stuff.
Got loads of chard which is great with spuds, and spinach.
Waiting for spuds and tomatoes.
(Never touch quorn btw.)

Plain Chard or rainbow Chard?

I grow spuds every year but only a few . Normally in the pots I grow the peas in once I have harvested them .
My main crop is runner beans , generally get enough to last us through 11 or 12 months .
Good, I stupidly put the runner bean plants in the ground today and I think now it is too early. Bugger!