Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vegans and their totally cray-zay antics

The production of PVC to make vegan leather uses ammonia and produces vast quantities of co2 and it doesn't Biodegrade like leather.
PVC isn't the same as PU the clue is in the fact they have totally different names and only share the prefix poly. Though you are right leather does biodegrade, unless it's modern leather which is basically pickled with toxic heavy metals to preserve it, of course once those have leached out into the environment it will biodegrade. It's not like the old tanning process which used tannin as a preserving agent.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Nah. Not really.

True evil when someone has no potatoes is posting this:

View attachment 540077

Wonder how many on here will have a chip butty today?

Nope. I was going to have some cheese, biscuits and port at lunchtime but after reading all this it'll have to be a bacon sarnie.

Dwarf

LE
Nope. I was going to have some cheese, biscuits and port at lunchtime but after reading all this it'll have to be a bacon sarnie.
Still with port?

Check this stupid, white, British sanctimonious cow kicking off at a Moroccan street vendor, and trying to free the chicken in a cage. Not realising that she could have bought the chicken for tuppence hapenny, and set it free herself. Shame the guy never kicked her cnut in, and pressed full charges.
If she disagrees with Moroccan culture so much, then stay away from Morocco. They will survive perfectly well without you.

Unattended chicken bimbling about on the loose in an African bazaar? Unless it's the avian version of Usain Bolt on a serious dosage of speed, it has the survival chances of a very small snowflake approaching the surface of Betelgeuse.

...bet she's a real bunny boiler and has cats

None of which have seen meat in a very long time and will disembowel and devour anything smaller than a hippo that strays into their territory.

Dwarf

LE
Unattended chicken bimbling about on the loose in an African bazaar? Unless it's the avian version of Usain Bolt on a serious dosage of speed, it has the survival chances of a very small snowflake approaching the surface of Betelgeuse.
Yep and that's what bugs me about the militants, not screwing their loaves.
She simply didn't think it through because she was so full of herself, needing to get the message across and teach a lesson to these backward people. Not thinking that you can't change an established way of life simply by being angry.
Did she think about the man's livelihood? Did she think through what would happen to the chicken five minutes after she left? Did she hell.
Plus she might feel all warm after that but what about the hypocrisy?
She probably arrived by plane uses a mobile phone, and drives a car just to mention three things.

But is that any different from the BLM/woke brigade or fundamental Christians or Muslims? It's more important to change other people than actually review your own behaviour. What is it about these people who HAVE to be right?

I'm vegan because I enjoy eating in a certain way and I feel healthier doing so, I enjoy shopping in our local market and try to recycle as much as I can. But I'm under no illusions that I don't cause some harm because that's the way our society has gone.
But I have absolutely no right to impose my personal decision on anybody else. It's right for me on a personal level, it's not right for everybody so let them make their own choices as I did, and also respect mine as I do theirs.
Sure I could argue that most people eat too much meat or too much unhealthy processed crap to be healthy but that's a different argument.

I hate these bloody idiots too.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
@Dwarf - ^ is exactly how it should be. I have no issue with people wanting to be Vegetarian. Good for you. I will try to accommodate your wishes if you were to come to dinner. However, I will not accept someone preaching to me that we HAVE to eat only vegetables, or coming to dinner and tell me I can't eat meat (in my home), or I can't use utensils that have ever been touched by meat, or shouting "MEAT IS MURDER!!" when I'm cooking a roast.

A few years ago I used to caravan. A bunch of us from these hallowed halls would meet up once or twice a year and we'd spend a weekend drinking, chatting, drinking, eating, drinking and having a good laugh. Each couple would make a meal for all, or provide part of a meal. One couple in our group was Pescatarian. They didn't preach, or walk away if there was meat on the BBQ. If it was a meat based meal that was prepared, they'd bring along their fish or whatever. By way of accommodating them we (my OH and I, but mostly my OH) often did a pot of curry. In deference to the Pescatarians we also made a fish curry. Everyone had something they liked and all were happy.

Isn't that the way it should be?

Dwarf

LE
@Dwarf - ^ is exactly how it should be. I have no issue with people wanting to be Vegetarian. Good for you. I will try to accommodate your wishes if you were to come to dinner. However, I will not accept someone preaching to me that we HAVE to eat only vegetables, or coming to dinner and tell me I can't eat meat (in my home), or I can't use utensils that have ever been touched by meat, or shouting "MEAT IS MURDER!!" when I'm cooking a roast.

A few years ago I used to caravan. A bunch of us from these hallowed halls would meet up once or twice a year and we'd spend a weekend drinking, chatting, drinking, eating, drinking and having a good laugh. Each couple would make a meal for all, or provide part of a meal. One couple in our group was Pescatarian. They didn't preach, or walk away if there was meat on the BBQ. If it was a meat based meal that was prepared, they'd bring along their fish or whatever. By way of accommodating them we (my OH and I, but mostly my OH) often did a pot of curry. In deference to the Pescatarians we also made a fish curry. Everyone had something they liked and all were happy.

Exactly, I'm currently renting a small cabin within a bigger house and gardens after a separation. My landlord keeps chickens ducks and geese and on a regular basis one goes into his pot. He has never heard a single word of disapproval from me, and never will, because that's his way of life and I even take my green peels and leavings down for them instead of composting.
Last summer after the first lockdown I invited a couple of friends over for a barbecue in the garden. Everyone brought something and I left my two mates in charge of the grilling what they had brought while I disappeared inside to finish off the salads and hummus and other stuff. Afterwards we all sat round the table and shared food, with me obviously eating the veggie stuff, but my friends had also brought things that were not meat-based so I could try some of their food as well. Add in a couple of beers and bottles of wine and we had a great time, all friends and relaxed in each others company.
My daughter's first serious boyfriend and later partner spent a lot of time in my kitchen with me drinking homebrew and making curries. He enjoyed our food and never ever pressed for us to include meat at the table. But when we took him to a restaurant he could order what the hell he liked and I paid for it because that was his free choice.

It isn't difficult to get along with other people's choices, my friends don't expect me to make meat for them just as I expect to see meat on their tables in their houses and they don't expect me to eat it and won't insist.
Life could be so much easier without the extremist POV. I can't change the world, I can only change me.

Ed. To add the last sentence.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

I did that for one of the trips I went on, Lamb Curry, a smaller pot of Chicken Curry and for those damn Pescys, an even smaller pot of King Prawn curry, funny thing was the carnivores were all dying to get into the KP curry, the pescatarians only left one KP and a teaspoon of sauce between about 12 :rofl: :rofl:

Here she is again.

If you ever wondered what those kids that's parents let run about screaming in supermarkets are like when they grow up - this is a prime example.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Dark_Nit

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh, look! Yet another completely superfluous post from one of my obsessively deranged internet stalkers.

Have you changed your underpants in the meantime, bollock-brain?:lol::lol::lol:

MsG
Still spring loaded to the pis5ed off position I see.
Why don't you give it a rest you sad old man?

Dwarf

LE
Still spring loaded to the pis5ed off position I see.
Why don't you give it a rest you sad old man?
Please see posts 1276 and 1277.

Dwarf

LE
I shall just leave this here
1611096620619.png

I won’t eat anything that I’m not prepared to kill and dress for the table this includes vegetalists and vegans, turtle is my favorite and I’m very curious about pandas.

Latest Threads