Vegans and their totally cray-zay antics

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Fish free fillets (does not contain fish)? Why not tell us whats in it instead of whats not in it?
That won't sell.
If you want the trendy market you need to tell them what's good for the planet, eg.:

"This multiracial loaf contains fewer car tyres than our nearest rival product."

"Our transgender-friendly baked beans have been produced with the fewest ritual sacrifice of old age pensioners of any food on the market."

"We tell the unvarnished truth about our goods nearly as often as Tongnye/Nignoy makes an honest post."

Dwarf

LE
Yeah, whatever!
If you're going to argue at least get it right and don't give the militants ammo to beat you over the head with.
Animals are still very tasty and I'd much rather munch on a pig or cow than a stick of celery.
Fine, trough down if that's what you like.
Vegans should stick to eating veg, and leave the rest of us meat lovers alone.
I agree totally, I hate them militant idiots who get the rest of us a bad name and would side with you if I came across one.
You won't find a word from me on Arrse where I try to change or berate someone's choice, except perhaps in jest.
n other words worry about your own life choices and I'll worry about mine.
So why post what you did?

If you want to understand the ecological effects of industrial scale plant culture, look at the Murray-Darling basin in Australia.

Basically, one of the worlds great watercourses has been destroyed to irrigate crops. Soy is one of them. The secondary effect on indigenous wildlife is catastrophic and tragic.

A secondary ecological issue with global veganism is the loss of cloven hoof animals from the agricultural system. They are vital for creating fertile soils with a strong structure that resists erosion. Soil loss on land that doesn’t get trodden every few years is horrendous.

I’ve yet to meet a sanctimonious vegan who has a clue of the ecological damage his or her lifestyle actually creates.
I thought the biggest contributing crop to that was and is cotton.

That won't sell.
If you want the trendy market you need to tell them what's good for the planet, eg.:

"This multiracial loaf contains fewer car tyres than our nearest rival product."

"Our transgender-friendly baked beans have been produced with the fewest ritual sacrifice of old age pensioners of any food on the market."

"We tell the unvarnished truth about our goods nearly as often as Tongnye/Nignoy makes an honest post."
It sells in Hungry Hippo pub chain, they sell fish free fillets and nowhere on the menu does it says what has replaced the fish :)

1610728638359.png

Nine members of militant vegan group Direct Action Everywhere are arrested in Waitrose | Daily Mail Online

At a Waitrose in Brighton...

Couple of hotties in there, although not too sure they'd have the stamina.

Could it be the lack of protein in their diets that makes them do this?

they basically eat my food's food.
If you take a good look at the picture there is one protester wearing Birkenstock’s and one wearing doctor martins I may be corrected but as far as I’m aware neither of these products are plastic.

My google fu tells me it’s polyurethane whatever that actually is. The thing I can tell you it smells nothing like leather.
Plastic. Made from oil.

Chef

LE
I have a new car with vegan leather in it. The lovely “new car smell” just isn’t there. What is the world coming to !!
Vegan leather is like vegetarian lard and non-metallic gold.

By definition it can't exist in this universe.

Lard is rendered animal fat, pig in this case. (Tallow is sheep).

Gold is a metal

Leather cannot under any circumstances be vegan.

Any attempt to describe the above as vegan, vegetarian or non-metallic is pure advertising spin and only a completely self deluded sucker (Stand fast @Goutyfrub) would argue otherwise.

Latest Threads