Vegans and their totally cray-zay antics

Dwarf

LE
Most vegans do not understand the impact they have on the environment, from oil based clothing to the precious metals in their phones, tablets etc. If you tell them leather and wool are both sustainable and more environmentally friendly they get well pissed off.

Also point out that if people don't drink milk and eat meat then the fluffy sheep and the cute cows will disappear from the countryside as no farmer is going to keep them as pets. Although very noble, veganism is fuelling massive deforestation in Borneo for palm oil and the Amazon as more is de-forested for soya production.
To address that point and similar ones I do agree with what you say, the answer to the problems isn't simply not killing animals and eating them, it's our very way of life.
Yet I think the problem is the people who see a profit in the market more than the actual consumers themselves. The people deforesting aren't vegans, though they are doing it to cater for a demand which they helped to create.
Advertising palm oil as an alternative is an incitement to buy just as much as burger chains advertising on TV.
When I came to Catalonia over three decades ago there wasn't the choice or range of foods that are available today. If I wanted cous-cous or basmati rice, to take a simple example, I had to hop over the border to Perpignan or example. So I just adapted to what there was available locally, and luckily the Mediteranean has a lot to offer.
The main problem is the global market, the ease of finding foodstuffs that aren't local and the megabucks that can be made. Money-men see a possibility and promote it. Capitalism rather than people's choice of diet whether omnivore or not.

Dwarf

LE
I think my diet as a kid could have been better if I had eaten more of what was available to me by way of veg and fruit and far, far less of the sugary foods and sweets that were too readily available. I wish we had a better attitude to such things back then.

The way veg was cooked made a difference. In France I noticed it was spot on and kept that way. Aldente (to use an Italian expression). No soggy overcooked mush with resulting loss of nutritional value or dried out and tasteless pulp. I didn't know about chick peas then. Amazing pulses for protein and carbs. Pan roasted or stir fried peppers are great. Steamed green leaves. I like the vegan cheeses I have tried and prefer that option given the choice but it's not yet an option for some of the cheeses I like. Aren't there enough nettles for more cheese producers to go that way? What is non-animal rennet? - Answers
Totally agree with that, both bits. Undoubtedly the way food is cooked makes a difference, the most succulent-looking steak can be turned into a lump of inedible leather by bad cooking. Most people dislike veg because they are used to over-boiled and over-salted pap, which I would say no to as well.

I tend to cook most of my veg stir-fried in oil and spices as it retains the flavour of the veg. This I adapted from an Indian recipe and it makes a huge difference. I introduced a friend to cauliflower and carrot cooked this way and it's a regular item on the menu in his house.

Stir fried spicy veg with roti or naan and dal on the side is a meal to be savoured. Who needs shop-bought veggie burgers and chips?

Not trying to change your habits Bonny Lad, but get your arguments right. The teeth bit just doesn't work, the front teeth are more for biting down and the side teeth are for grinding, that's for plant stuff more than meat. Which does fit with the body we have that evolved as mainly vegetarian with a certain amount of fish, seafood and insects and a small amount of meat. Man was a scavenger more than a hunter.
I refer you to Mike Stroud who worked with the Army as a nutritionist. Mike Stroud (physician) - Wikipedia

Secondly, and I'm not a Bible Basher, get it right, it says dominion over animals, rule them, it doesn't say eat them. It follows on:
29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
So no command to eat them quite the opposite.
Yeah, whatever! Animals are still very tasty and I'd much rather munch on a pig or cow than a stick of celery. Vegans should stick to eating veg, and leave the rest of us meat lovers alone. In other words worry about your own life choices and I'll worry about mine.

I hit the link and got these guys, I was expecting a meal choice??

rexfeatures_4376070h.jpg
There's something odd with your browser.
1610716731294.png

Londo

On ROPS
On ROPs
Don't watch adverts then, that's my advice & don't be a effeminate excuse for a person! God puts animals on the earth so we could eat them - we have evolved teeth to rip/cut and chew meat, just as nature intended.

If you're a bible basher, it even say's in the Bible (Genesis 1.26) that we have dominion over them (the animals). If it's good enough for nature and the bible - I'm sticking to eating all edible animals/birds/fish and fruit and veg....bugger eating those poncy fake veggie burgers, give me some spare ribs with BBQ sauce any day!
I was totally with you until you mentioned BBQ sauce .

I was totally with you until you mentioned BBQ sauce .
Now I can't stop thinking about spare ribs - damn you internet people!, I'm away to the shops to go and buy some right now.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Londo

On ROPS
On ROPs
I’m involved in a business that utilises milk from a feral animal that does huge damage to indigenous flora and fauna. We’ve had some very aggressive abuse from vegan activists. When we point out that that the animals in our supply chain are removed from the wild and that the alternative was slaughter, they get very defensive.

So we get to a point of agreement that the population needs to be controlled. But killing them is obviously not on. So we’ve had a number of activists suggest that there should be a sterilisation program to control the feral population. There’s near on 1.5M of the ******* roaming around.
Milking rabbits ? Now why didn't I think of that .

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Yeah, whatever! Animals are still very tasty and I'd much rather munch on a pig or cow than a stick of celery. Vegans should stick to eating veg, and leave the rest of us meat lovers alone. In other words worry about your own life choices and I'll worry about mine.

Anyone who wants to eat a stick of celery should be beaten to death with it.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Daz

LE

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Also the manufacturers insist on describing their stuff as a 'veggie burger' or a 'meat free sausage' Is that the best they can do ?
Fish free fillets (does not contain fish)? Why not tell us whats in it instead of whats not in it?

Latest Threads