Vegans and their totally cray-zay antics

Niamac

GCM
I grow spuds every year but only a few . Normally in the pots I grow the peas in once I have harvested them .
My main crop is runner beans , generally get enough to last us through 11 or 12 months .
Good, I stupidly put the runner bean plants in the ground today and I think now it is too early. Bugger!

Londo

LE
Good, I stupidly put the runner bean plants in the ground today and I think now it is too early. Bugger!
Should be ok So long as the weekend cold snap doesn't get too cold and gives us a frost .
I planted mine ( three bean frames worth that's 60 plants ) out 2 days ago before I heard of the couple of days colder weather coming our way . Have 60 spare that I will give away if all goes well with the ones I planted .
Will wait until the weekends over before I plant some other things that are doing well in the greenhouse at the moment .
Three types of tomatoes , sweetcorn , cucumber and marrows all big enough to go in .
Purple sprouting broccoli and brussel sprouts are not doing good though as per normal for me .

Dwarf

LE

Dwarf

LE

JackSofty

War Hero
snails have now started feasting on a third lot.
Mmmm... Purge & eat the snails. I recall reading some time ago that evidence of the very earliest example of livestock farming yet discovered was snail faming.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Londo

LE
Mmmm... Purge & eat the snails. I recall reading some time ago that evidence of the very earliest example of livestock farming yet discovered was snail faming.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds
Often thought about it but not yet that hungry . Tesco home delivery service is working well .
I just give the buggers free flying lessons into the field at he bottom of the garden .
Went on a snail hunt last night about 22.00 hrs and found 5 of them munching my pea plants .

I like them in garlic butter with toast soldiers so took along a tin of snails to the bush as a bit of a luxury item while roughing it.

Gopping! The only way to eat them is drowned in something that hides what they are.

Dwarf

LE
You might like this. Piccies are fairly self explanatory. For individual words just google translate, catalan to english.

Takes time but looks good, and no I've never tried it but I can appreciate the effort and culinary skills that go into it.

750 g de cargols vius Live snails

150 g de pernil serrà a daus ham chopped into cubes. Here they usually use cured ham not sweet ham.

150 g de xoriço picant spicy chorizo

1 pebrot verd green pepper

4 tomàquets tomatoes

1 cullerada de farina spoonful of flour

1 ceba onion

1 bitxo hot red pepper/chili

herbes aromàtiques (barreja d'herbes per a cargols: romaní, farigola, llorer, etc.) oli d'oliva aromatic herbs, rosemary, thyme, bay, etc.

aigua water

sal salt

Londo

LE
I like them in garlic butter with toast soldiers so took along a tin of snails to the bush as a bit of a luxury item while roughing it.

Gopping! The only way to eat them is drowned in something that hides what they are.
I will remember that . Thanks

Dwarf

LE
Tender and juicy upper middle class trustafarian grain fed vegans? Never!
Sure sounds like mighty fine eatin' boy ah say ah say boy!

Dwarf

LE

Latest Threads