Vegans and their totally cray-zay antics

Never killed an animal larger than a fly. I felt a sense of satisfaction about splatting the irritating buzzing bastard.

If I scaled up to a piglet would I feel more satisfaction as the animal is larger or less because it's not an annoying waste of life? How would this counterbalance with the satisfaction of dinner later?
I think it would depend on your involvement with the animals life, how sentient you consider it to be and your rationale for killing it.

Last edited:
This is supposed to make us feel guilty and ashamed. Makes me feel a bit peckish:
View attachment 467123
With the exception of the Dog, I've munched on all of them since lockdown began. Hell, if Tesco and Aldi hadn't sorted their stock levels out, the Dog would easily have been next on the menu.

Every militant Vegan should be force fed either that dog or one of their favourite relatives.

Londo

LE
Guilt? Not a chance. I'm thinking about steak and chips.
The more these muppets insist that we all agree with them, the more pro meat eating I get.
Steak and saute potatoes cooked by my good self last night and brisket cooked by the wife tonight . ....meat you say . yum yum .

offog

LE
Vegan food could be in short supply soon. We could see panic buying at the veg counter and the frozen quorn freezer. Soya may be the next bog role.

What with those nasty eastern Europeans not turning up to pick our veg due to CV19 veg from this country and Spain could be in short supply.

Must gets some more frozen garden peas before the rush.

Londo

LE
Vegan food could be in short supply soon. We could see panic buying at the veg counter and the frozen quorn freezer. Soya may be the next bog role.

Must gets some more frozen garden peas before the rush.
Grow your own (non frozen) peas

With the exception of the Dog, I've munched on all of them since lockdown began. Hell, if Tesco and Aldi hadn't sorted their stock levels out, the Dog would easily have been next on the menu.

Every militant Vegan should be force fed either that dog or one of their favourite relatives.
scraps.jpg

offog

LE
Grow your own (non frozen) peas
And how many bags will I eventually get from my balcony window box?

But seriously, I have a small garden and have grown them before but the yield was small and it will be months before I get any and then what, 9 months waiting for the next crop. It's easier to walk down to Tesco 500m away.

But seriously, I have a small garden and have grown them before but the yield was small and it will be months before I get any and then what, 9 months waiting for the next crop. It's easier to walk down to Tesco 500m away.
Yeah but you then don't get the pleasure of ripping the pods from the plant, cleaving them open and ripping out the peas from their nest.

Never killed an animal larger than a fly. I felt a sense of satisfaction about splatting the irritating buzzing bastard.

If I scaled up to a piglet would I feel more satisfaction as the animal is larger or less because it's not an annoying waste of life? ...
I think, if a piglet was flying round your front room, buzzing and banging its head against the windows, it would be quite pleasurable to splat it.

Londo

LE

Admittedly you have to grow a huge amount to get a decent return . From what I grow I expect to get perhaps half a dozen meals for the two of us . Planted a larger amount this year in tubs and window boxes around the garden so they are off the ground or fenced off away from the chickens . However a chicken managed to get to one row of pots and destroyed every plant . One window box is now home to a blackbird and her three little eggs and snails have now started feasting on a third lot .
Your'e right Teco's is easier :-D

offog

LE
Yeah but you then don't get the pleasure of ripping the pods from the plant, cleaving them open and ripping out the peas from their nest.
You're such a tease, you also didn't mention the screams as you put them in boiling water.

Niamac

GCM
From what I grow I expect to get perhaps half a dozen meals for the two of us .
Finished last years spuds a couple of weeks ago.

Londo

LE
I leave that job for the wife as she is the evil one .

Londo

LE
Finished last years spuds a couple of weeks ago.
I grow spuds every year but only a few . Normally in the pots I grow the peas in once I have harvested them .
My main crop is runner beans , generally get enough to last us through 11 or 12 months .

Dwarf

LE

What with those nasty eastern Europeans not turning up to pick our veg due to CV19 veg from this country and Spain could be in short supply.
Hah! Last week at the market a twat tried to charge me 3.50€ for a cauliflower when a couple of weeks before they were between 1-2€. Cabron.

Still got lots of casual labour to pick fruit n veg 'cos they won't be working in tourism.
Luckily my landlord has a big vegetable garden, I've been planting salad stuff.
Got loads of chard which is great with spuds, and spinach.
Waiting for spuds and tomatoes.
(Never touch quorn btw.)

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Brian May intends to preach to us about how great being vegan is and makes a comparison between meat eating and slavery - we've always done it but we can change.

some people really do need a pneumonia sandwich

Hah! Last week at the market a twat tried to charge me 3.50€ for a cauliflower when a couple of weeks before they were between 1-2€. Cabron.

Still got lots of casual labour to pick fruit n veg 'cos they won't be working in tourism.
Luckily my landlord has a big vegetable garden, I've been planting salad stuff.
Got loads of chard which is great with spuds, and spinach.
Waiting for spuds and tomatoes.
(Never touch quorn btw.)
Plain Chard or rainbow Chard?

Latest Threads