Vegans and their totally cray-zay antics

ugly

LE
And that is why the saying goes, “ignorance is bliss”.
Oh, I’ve just had a lovely bacon sandwich on whole meal with HP sauce for breakfast.

No, I didn’t read the link and no I won’t be.
Slaughter houses fascinate me

ugly

LE
And leaf clearing parades, polishing parades, swabbing parades, every other type of parade. Oh the joys of serving in the Grenadier Guards.

As the saying went, join the army and see the world, join the guards and clean it.
1LI unofficial motto “we came, we saw, we area cleaned!”

And leaf clearing parades, polishing parades, swabbing parades, every other type of parade. Oh the joys of serving in the Grenadier Guards.

As the saying went, join the army and see the world, join the guards and clean it.
after enduring such hell it's not surprising that all you want to do is enjoy bacon sandwiches on whole meal with HP

Just what is wrong with keeping the area clean?
Well, nothing really. Who wants to live in a camp that looks like a council tip? If I see litter outside my house I tend to bin it.
What used to piss us off was the way it was considered, by some SNCO's, to be the most important thing in the world.

NSP

LE
Oh plastic uppers rubber soles he was 100% vegan. Bloody daft but there yo7 go, each to their own I suppose.
For the love of...... Words fail me. :rolleyes:

The food producers have sure sniffed out a highly profitable trend. I imagine that the other three out of the four products will have 'salted caramel' in the title.

I noticed the other day that Mars have managed to combine them both in their vegan salted caramel Galaxy chocolate bar.

Mars is truly destined to take over the world. H G Wells was a visionary.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Dwarf

LE
From the BBC.
That'll obviously be a totally objective and unbiased report.
Yep. BBC. Agreed.
Yet statistics were interesting.
Quite a large proportion of those cutting down on a heavy meat based diet was for weight loss.
More veg , less solid = less weight.
No brainer.

That said I spent Xmas with Wor Kid who bought in lots of vegan made up dishes.
I'm happy with lotsa veg and rice or spuds or whatever. Creative cooking that's tasty, healthy and for me, animal free.
After a meal of nice but heavy food I felt weighed down and stuffed.
There's a lot of vegan stuff because more people want it. That's obvious.
But too much is manufactured and while nice isn't necessarily healthy if that's all you eat.
Today I took a brocoli from the vegetable garden, steamed and eaten with Thai rice and mushrooms (and chili sauce). Delicious and healthy.
It's easy to be vegan like that.

offog

LE
Yep. BBC. Agreed.
Yet statistics were interesting.
Quite a large proportion of those cutting down on a heavy meat based diet was for weight loss.
More veg , less solid = less weight.
No brainer.

That said I spent Xmas with Wor Kid who bought in lots of vegan made up dishes.
I'm happy with lotsa veg and rice or spuds or whatever. Creative cooking that's tasty, healthy and for me, animal free.
After a meal of nice but heavy food I felt weighed down and stuffed.
There's a lot of vegan stuff because more people want it. That's obvious.
But too much is manufactured and while nice isn't necessarily healthy if that's all you eat.
Today I took a brocoli from the vegetable garden, steamed and eaten with Thai rice and mushrooms (and chili sauce). Delicious and healthy.
It's easy to be vegan like that.
I would agree with you that it may have more to do with availability of easy to cook meals (the modern TV dinner) and the concept that it must be good for you it's veg. I wonder how many look at the lable to see how much salt, sugar, additives and fat (vegy fat) is in it. For many doing something interesting with veg is beyond them and many would not know where to start so a vegy ready meal is perfect.

Out of interest just did a search for burgers provided by Birds Eye
  • Suitable for vegans
Per burger (100g) oven baked provides:
  • Energy985kJ 238kcal
    12%
  • Fat17g
    24%
  • Saturates1.3g
    7%
  • Sugars1.1g
    1%
  • Salt1.5g
    25%
And the beef one.
  • ENERGY
    459kJ
    110kcal
    6%
    energy
  • FAT
    7.9g
    11%
    High
  • SATURATES
    2.7g
    14%
    High
  • SUGARS
    0.5g
    <1%
    Low
  • SALT
    0.42g
    7%
    Medium
Reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ / 2000kcal)
Average values per 100g: Energy 1211kJ / 292kcal

A massive amount of salt in the vegy one. Without knowing which was which which one would you choose as thehealty option.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Now I know why Vegans are so bloody antsty

their food taste like dogsh*t

bought a pizza today, didn’t Pay attention, discovered when I got it home, it’s a vegan cheese and Tom one, oh well, give it a spin.

so it’s cooking away..... smell of damp sh*t coming from the kitchen, so I shout at the cat, it’s not her, it’s coming from the oven.

take the thing out, let’s give it a taste....

kin el! Salty and sour as feck, with a manure after burn.....

after a few mouthfuls, it now resides in the bin.

Last edited:
I am a bit of a flexitarian now.

Sometimes I eat meat, sometimes I'll opt for a non meat alternative.

Never try something that is a vegetarian or vegan version of a non-vegetarian/vegan dish.

It's 99.9% likely to be sh*t.

I am a bit of a flexitarian now.

Sometimes I eat meat, sometimes I'll opt for a non meat alternative.

Never try something that is a vegetarian or vegan version of a non-vegetarian/vegan dish.

It's 99.9% likely to be sh*t.
^ learnt the hard way...

cat hates me now, it’s a toss up because I shouted at her, or because my breath smells like sh*t flavoured pizza,

Londo

LE
As someone that does like eating meat but after years of having steak once or twice a week I have now gotten tired of eating slabs of meat ( have I caught the ghey ? )
I once had a veggie burger at a BBQ and could not eat more than a couple of mouthfuls it was horrible . However I'm a bit untrustful of the sort of meat that goes into sausages , pies and similar and would rather eat a veggie alternative .
Has anyone any recommendations for brands of veggie burgers , pies , sausages that they find tasty ?

Nobody in the UK with half a brain eats Richmond shite.
There is probably more meat in the meat free sausages than the normal ones.
You are correct and Richmond's blatantly advertise the fact themselves!

Check the packaging on BOTH "Our Own Irish Recipe , Since 1889"

Does that not suggest that they have always in-fact always been meat free?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaManBugs The Intelligence Cell 803
L The NAAFI Bar 773
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 78