Vegans and their totally cray-zay antics

DaveDaffe

War Hero
Nothing wrong with vegans until they ioen their mouth and insist on telling you all about veganism. Personally I am a devout carnivore but I dont keep telling people about how much I enjoy eating meat!!

Some one looks happy.
View attachment 428399

What was Alica Day's chat up line: Do you want to come home had see my porkies?
I'd rather have a pig like that than one of those chihuahua rats on a string. She's definitely one for the 'danger fucks' thread.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Nothing wrong with vegans until they ioen their mouth and insist on telling you all about veganism. Personally I am a devout carnivore but I dont keep telling people about how much I enjoy eating meat!!
That proves your diet makes you weaker than vegans.

However, if you did keep telling people how much you enjoy eating meat it'd prove your diet makes you more aggressive than vegans.

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
That proves your diet makes you weaker than vegans.

However, if you did keep telling people how much you enjoy eating meat it'd prove your diet makes you more aggressive than vegans.
Non aggressive need not equal weak.
Ok.

That proves your diet makes you less aggressive than vegans.

That moment when:

You are at the squat, chatting up some bird you fancy.

Me: Oh yah, I'm a vegeterian.

Her: (looks in disgust at me) Well, Akshually, I'm a VEGAN!

Me: What's a Vegain?

(Is it like a Vegenah)

Yeah, that moment when you try to signal your virtue so hard, only to get shot down as a filthy Vegetarian.

Me: But I eat a bit of fish now and again to keep healthy!

Her: Walks away...

There's lots of reasons to follow a Vegeterian diet, and if you are only Pesca-Vegetarian as I am, it's really not too difficult and is actually pretty healthy, as confirmed by 'Science' - as long as you take some essential vitamins and minerals that you can't get from that diet, namely B vitamins mostly.

Some cultures have grown big and strong on a pesca-vegeterian diet, not least the Polynesians and Maori. Though probably quite a few have been eating meat (red) as long as its been available, it's not always been so, and not always available to the poorest peoples. I think these days most of them do eat red meat as well, but you aren't seen as a weirdo if you abstain. So I'm told.

Though some are going the other way and shifting to Vegan diets: Maori Communities Are Shifting to Vegan Diets

I don't know much about it really. But it makes sense that fish was more readily available to the warriors of those sea isles than pig or cow would have been. And when they were first introduced (pretty sure they weren't native) it would have been the highest status members of the tribe indulging. Sure, growing bigger and stronger. Then again, they were also eating each other as well, so...

Who knows?

But it's true that Vegans don't just look down on meat eaters, they look down on normal vegetarans and especially pesca-vegetarians, probably more.

I don't think anyone can really disagree that processed meats like bacon are bad for you. Fact. Well, in excess. The odd bacon butty is not going to kill you, slowly, painfully. But too much of a good thing and bowel cancer becomes a very real risk. Sure, if you only eat freshly farmed organic produce, that risk goes down, minus all the fertilizers and hormones and anti-biotics that will be missing from their feeds.

Some people eat meat every day. My folks do. Lamb one day. Beef the next. Pork after that. Then another type of Beef. Maybe a day off and some Fish. Back to some type of Beef again or Pork. Chuck in some Chicken or Turkey.

All in all a total meat diet is not good for you, and neither is a total vegan diet either. A decent pesca-vegetarian diet supplemented with vitamins can be pretty healthy depending. Women need to eat a bit of red meat now and again. I think probably a diet where you do eat red meat, but don't eat a lot of it is best. That way you can have a bit of chicken or fish now and again too.

The body does need protein in the form of meat whichever way it can get it. Organic and pesticide and anti-biotic free meat being most ideal. And go easy on those GdL infused salami sausages and processed bacon.

But eating too much fish can be bad for you as well. Especially if you have Gout. Then there's all the Mercury in Tuna and whanot. Some processed Salmon is less than ideal too.

I supplement my diet with a full range of B vitamins, plus Zinc, Magnesium, D3, C.

It cost me over 80 quid my last re-stocking that will last me a little over 3 months.

I've never met a Vegan who supplemented at all. Maybe a bit of B12 and Iron if they were female. There's at least half a dozen B Vitamins you need to take. But yes, B12 is probably the most important. It can be deadly to not have enough of it, and if you drink as well it will deplete your system's natural stores. You can die from Pernicious Anaemia. But you can get it from dairy products as well. Alcohol burns out the body's internal pathways of nerves and you can get peripheral neuropathy (numbness and tingling in the extremities which can also be painful). Plus it destroys your 'Intrinsic Factor' in the Stomach so your body can't even 'bind' to the B12 that you do have.

Vegans look at you like an animal murderer when you tell them you eat eggs (which contain B12) and other dairy produce. I really think Veganism is more of a mental disorder than anything else. I can see no reason for it.

I have to admit, the smell of burning meat does now repulse me after not eating it for so long (25 years or more). But so does fish sometimes. I don't often get the opportunity to 'entertain' guests so much these days, but when I did not so long back, I was happy to buy some very nice meat and cook some delicious meat dishes for them. I did this several times in fact for a few dinner parties where I was in charge of the cooking for the evening.

I didn't really mention the vegetarian thing. I knew it would become quickly apparent. A dozen or so people eating meat and me just eating the vegetables (I was buggered if I was going to provide a 'substitute' on top - easier to go without - I'm not starving). Soon enough someone would notice, and I'd explain myself. I'd just say 'oh I don't like the taste of meat' and leave it at that and move the conversation on.

But every now and again you get a meat eater as bad or worse than a Vegan. Why don't you like the taste of meat? Do you do it on religious grounds? What do you think of people who do eat meat?

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Look, some people don't eat meat. Some do do it on religious grounds (Hindus and Buddhists), some do it on health grounds, some do it as a discipline of ascetism, though they may eat meat now and again for special occasions. Doesn't make them a hypocrite. Sure, I met lots of vegetarian hypocrites. "Oh yah I'm a vegetarian" but would eat meat every single ******* time it was put in front of them.

Here endeth the lesson on Veganism/Vegeterianism.

Damn, I've done it again. I'm bloody gasping for a bacon butty covered in brown sauce with a dollop of English Mustard just touching the crispy edges of the fat on the outer edges of the bacon itself.

But no, don't really miss it! Not that much. Not really. Nah.

Doh!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
People have always made depictions of their lives and while berries and leaves are easier and safer to gather for food than a large animal, I've never seen any Bushman paintings of salad.
I have been veggie for 20 years, Vegan for 6 I think, I don't eat salad more than once or twice a month. Some people seem obsessed with it as if it's the only thing that's made of vegetable matter they can imagine.
I hope that's vegan humour rather than deliberate obtuseness, but in order to put things right for you:

People have always made depictions of their lives and while berries and leaves are easier and safer to gather for food than a large animal, I've never seen any Bushman paintings of "vegetable matter."

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
There's lots of reasons to follow a Vegeterian diet, and if you are only Pesca-Vegetarian as I am, it's really not too difficult and is actually pretty healthy, as confirmed by 'Science' - as long as you take some essential vitamins and minerals that you can't get from that diet, namely B vitamins mostly.

The body does need protein in the form of meat whichever way it can get it. Organic and pesticide and anti-biotic free meat being most ideal. And go easy on those GdL infused salami sausages and processed bacon.

But eating too much fish can be bad for you as well. Especially if you have Gout. Then there's all the Mercury in Tuna and whanot. Some processed Salmon is less than ideal too.

I supplement my diet with a full range of B vitamins, plus Zinc, Magnesium, D3, C.

It cost me over 80 quid my last re-stocking that will last me a little over 3 months.

I've never met a Vegan who supplemented at all. Maybe a bit of B12 and Iron if they were female. There's at least half a dozen B Vitamins you need to take. But yes, B12 is probably the most important. It can be deadly to not have enough of it, and if you drink as well it will deplete your system's natural stores. You can die from Pernicious Anaemia. But you can get it from dairy products as well. Alcohol burns out the body's internal pathways of nerves and you can get peripheral neuropathy (numbness and tingling in the extremities which can also be painful). Plus it destroys your 'Intrinsic Factor' in the Stomach so your body can't even 'bind' to the B12 that you do have.
Just for the record I've been vegetarian-pescatarian since 1985. My most recent medical check up less than a year ago indicated that I had no vitamin deficiencies. B12 was on the low side of the acceptable range. I don't take vitamin supplements.
I'm pretty sure that a person living where I do in Israel or in Western Europe has access to all the sources of nutirition necessary for those who don't eat meat / poultry, without needing to resort to vitamin supplements.

I have to admit, the smell of burning meat does now repulse me after not eating it for so long (25 years or more). But so does fish sometimes. I don't often get the opportunity to 'entertain' guests so much these days, but when I did not so long back, I was happy to buy some very nice meat and cook some delicious meat dishes for them. I did this several times in fact for a few dinner parties where I was in charge of the cooking for the evening.

I didn't really mention the vegetarian thing. I knew it would become quickly apparent. A dozen or so people eating meat and me just eating the vegetables (I was buggered if I was going to provide a 'substitute' on top - easier to go without - I'm not starving). Soon enough someone would notice, and I'd explain myself. I'd just say 'oh I don't like the taste of meat' and leave it at that and move the conversation on.

But every now and again you get a meat eater as bad or worse than a Vegan. Why don't you like the taste of meat? Do you do it on religious grounds? What do you think of people who do eat meat?

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Look, some people don't eat meat. Some do do it on religious grounds (Hindus and Buddhists), some do it on health grounds, some do it as a discipline of ascetism, though they may eat meat now and again for special occasions. Doesn't make them a hypocrite. Sure, I met lots of vegetarian hypocrites. "Oh yah I'm a vegetarian" but would eat meat every single ******* time it was put in front of them.
During a chat with a colleague approaching retirement, who did his military service in the IDF armour,, it transpired that we are both vegetarian. I was a bit surprised since he didn't exactly seem "the type".
He told me he became a vegetarian after the 1973 October war (he was on the front with Egypt), because of the trauma he had from the smell of burnt flesh.

I hope that's vegan humour rather than deliberate obtuseness, but in order to put things right for you:
Last docu I saw involving Bushmen they were eating some sort of wild ground nuts (as opposed to tree nuts, not ground up), because that was all they had, the hunters hadn't been successful that day and a lot of the gatherers stuff was not in season, and the nuts had a toxin that meant you ate too many you felt sick, I can see why they didn't celebrate that in a painting.

Just for the record I've been vegetarian-pescatarian since 1985. My most recent medical check up less than a year ago indicated that I had no vitamin deficiencies. B12 was on the low side of the acceptable range. I don't take vitamin supplements.
I'm pretty sure that a person living where I do in Israel or in Western Europe has access to all the sources of nutirition necessary for those who don't eat meat / poultry, without needing to resort to vitamin supplements.
There is currently no reliable food source for b12 that is not fortified or fed b12 in it's food before slaughter, soil levels of the bacteria who make it are lower than they were before. Luckily it's added to some plant milk and is present in vegemite, marmite etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaManBugs The Intelligence Cell 803
L The NAAFI Bar 773
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 78

Latest Threads