Vegans and their totally cray-zay antics

I remember that.

It was a woman who asked Heinz if her son could be healthy eating only beans on toast.

Their nutritionists responded that it was possible if he was given the beans on buttered wholemeal bread with orange juice. They very strongly stressed that she should try to get her son to eat a wider diet with all the food groups present. I guess they were paranoid about headlines like “Boy dies eating Heinz beans”.

I guess the son probably grew out of it. Most kids do.

Re grapefruit:
View attachment 415432

Little room for doubt there.

EDIT: Already been posted before

Items they now rely on to exchange for dairy would need to be imported.
1568110898412.png

It's a shame we don't have a suitable climate for oats.

offog

LE
View attachment 416118

It's a shame we don't have a suitable climate for oats.
Then the choice will be to grow milk or to grow food, your choice. Do we have the capacity in this country to grow milk or to grow oats for food. If everyone was to drink oat milk how much of the crop would be needed to provide suffice for everyone in the country. Would the land be better used for growing other things that we need to eat.

What happens, like last year when the wheatcrop fails due to the heat and lack of rain in this country.

You can come up as many substitutes as you like but in the end he will still have to import food.

The wife brought broccoli from Kenya this weekend and looking at Kenyon crop the majority of it is for cash crops like tea and coffee. Their staple is maize much of it imported from the US, which is GM. But they do like the cash crop of tea and coffee to sell to buy the maze which they could actually grow in their own country.

Then the choice will be to grow milk or to grow food, your choice. Do we have the capacity in this country to grow milk or to grow oats for food. If everyone was to drink oat milk how much of the crop would be needed to provide suffice for everyone in the country. Would the land be better used for growing other things that we need to eat.

What happens, like last year when the wheatcrop fails due to the heat and lack of rain in this country.

You can come up as many substitutes as you like but in the end he will still have to import food.

The wife brought broccoli from Kenya this weekend and looking at Kenyon crop the majority of it is for cash crops like tea and coffee. Their staple is maize much of it imported from the US, which is GM. But they do like the cash crop of tea and coffee to sell to buy the maze which they could actually grow in their own country.
They'll buy it with tech, finance, oil, or whisky, as usual.

"Agriculture contributed £9,586 million or 0.51% to the national economy (Gross Value Added), a decrease of £626 million (6%) on the year. "

That's the thing about not being a 3rd world economy. We have more to sell than

Last edited:

What about my porridge? I need milk and oats.

Worked with one who swore she'd never be the shouty type pushing her views. Didn't stop her nagging me to watch the vegan propaganda though, and any mention of food would set her off wibbling about vegan recipes.

It's got to be something to do with lack of meat in the diet that rots their brains.
Probably that explains their terrible poetry as well :)

Have you tried tempeh and seitan?

Tempeh can be delicious, so too seitan, except it's almost pure gluten and not everyone's digestive system (mine included) likes it.

Taro can also be good and I've heard good things about jackfruit although I haven't had the opportunity to try it.
Jackfruit is ok. Nothing special. Just avoid its nasty spiky little brother.

What do you think the chances are I'm the only person in the Anglosphere who hasn't read Douglas Adams?
I don't, haven't, didn't listen to him on the radio and only saw the film to please my kids.

There you go then. It's you not me, boychik.

offog

LE
They'll buy it with tech, finance, oil, or whisky, as usual.

"Agriculture contributed £9,586 million or 0.51% to the national economy (Gross Value Added), a decrease of £626 million (6%) on the year. "

That's the thing about not being a 3rd world economy. We have more to sell than
Which proves my point that veganism is a rich countries hobby and a poor countries diet. We can afford to be vegans, they do it to survive in the good times and starve in the bad time. Kenya will continue to grow tea and coffee for us even when parts of the country are starving.

Australia doesn't have the right climate for growing cotton and rice, but that doesn't stop our farmers from squeezing that particular stone for blood (and destroying the Murray Darling River in the process)!!!
I've read a lot about that, they'd get a better yield for less irrigation, and less water in the processing growing hemp for fibre, cord and cloth. If the government want to do something about it, they need to start with, stopping conflating hemp with marijuana and tax breaks for the farmers to switch. and the processors to update equipment, as the proccess is not exactly the same and slightly less energy efficient(though you can use the surplus husk fibre, and dust as pellet fuel and the seeds to make methanol). plus it's an added value product and a soil erosion mitigatior, so win all round..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaManBugs The Intelligence Cell 802
L The NAAFI Bar 773
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 78

Latest Threads