VCP Drills

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by wg100, Oct 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can someone point me towards a source of information on VCP drills? A quick Google has brought up nothing. I've access to the Intranet if there is a Pam on it.

2. msr

msr LE

If you need to know, you'll get the training you need.

3. depends where you are going because you need to be theatre specific.

Best place to start to get generic information is the stability ops pamphlet which is AFM Vol 1 Combined Arms Ops Pt 9 Tactics For Stabilizing Ops. You will only find it on the intranet as unlike FM3-24 we haven't published it to every TDH.

This is an excellent pam that is a must read for anybody deploying.

4. Hmmm, but what if I'm the one supposed to be doing the training...? I've been taught before, but the tour was a little while back and I want to make sure I'm not talking out of my arrse.

It's only going to be a brief overview.

SE30A - Thanks, reading now.

5. It is theatre specific - so it depends on what you're doing the training for?

NI drills were different to Balkans drills.

6. As I said in the post before yours, it's only an intro to VCP drills. I'm not training guys to deploy - thats what PDT and OPTAG is for!

7. It also depends on how many men you'll have at your disposal? Will it be a static VCP, or an improvised VCP?

8. Treat it like an ambush and you won't go far wrong. Unless of course someone drives a VBIED into your midst.

9. That's about right.