VC hero Beharry splits from wife

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pensionpointer, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen this on BBc News Site. Very sad. I hope the media leave them both alone to try and sort things out.

2. I'm compelled not to express an opinion on their personal life. I am, however, compelled to express my distaste that the BBC have made this information public. How is it in the public interest to propagate personal information of this kind at a time when the pair are almost certainly under a huge amount of pressure, not least because of the injuries Pte Beharry sustained.

BBC et al - leave them alone. Go find a well paid celebrity to molest, not our humble and underpaid soldiers.
  3. I believe it was a certain cheap newspaper that, ah, doesn't have a good reputation around this site that broke it this morning
  4. media types on the bbc this morning were saying the media should be off pissing on becks and co and leave the brave bloke and his missus alone.
    though from the front page seemed like they had his missus's side knid of hard to ignore if some scumbag offers loads of cash :(
  5. *deleted following the example of the moderator*
  6. I bumped into Pte Beharry here at HCT the other week, seemed a nice enough bloke.

I wish the press would leave him alone though, b@stards.
  7. Can I just say that, having been involved with this from point of contact (or shortly afterwards), that this shouldn't really be a point for discussion on this board.
    A very difficult time for all concerned. Give them Space, Please.
  8. MoD Press Office seem to have acted entirely properly by issuing a statement on behalf of the couple, in response to this gutter press story.

"We hope to be given the privacy to work this through for ourselves, with the support of our friends and families." Amen to that.
  9. and with that , this thread is locked.

Does my decision about this amount to closing ranks around 2 of our own?

Oh you can bet the wedding ring and the deeds to the farm on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.