VC for sale - or not!

Good for him. Can anyone imagine Pte Beharry VC selling his?

PS ... RAMC - only part of the armed forces to have VC and bars :). (31 awarded to 29 people!).

I've read about that. That's scary.

Dodger - yes, Chavasse is the name one of the recruit troops at Keogh were traditionally given.

As for the Indian chap who needs money to be able to treat his child - do you think this is something we might endeavour to help with? Just an idea.

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
did you read the bit about the guy climbing onto the wing of his lancaster at 20,000ft to put out a fire? jesus.
Not half

what about the bloke who went into the casing of a sub to defuse a bomb in the knowledge that the CO might have to dive at any moment. Hats off all round, and also to this family who realise some things cannot be bought

RAMC_Medic said:
Good for him. Can anyone imagine Pte Beharry VC selling his?

PS ... RAMC - only part of the armed forces to have VC and bars :). (31 awarded to 29 people!).
Was Charlie Upham a medic??

Ventress

LE
RAMC_Medic said:
Dodger - yes, Chavasse is the name one of the recruit troops at Keogh were traditionally given.
Chavasse was the name given to one of the Apprentice College Houses, as was Martin-Leake and Harden.

By coincidence I found a different picture of Sgt Singhs medals than the one with his son

It was interesting to see the VC taking precedence AFTER a number of (what looks like) Indian medals

Whereas the pic from the paper is a little different

EDITED TO ADD

OK i'm a fecking moron, just realiesd the medals are from a different Singh, my error lay in Havildar Singh, I thought this was his name when in fact Havildar is Indian for Sgt (or should I say at least equivalent in rank)

So I would like to add my thanks to both Havildar (later Captain) Umrao Singh VC and Havildar (later Major) Parkash Singh VC for your service

A man truly proud of what his ancestors have done, todays british society (especially government) could learn what integrity really means from this man.

Seriously, as a couple of people have suggested, should we not try to do something for the guy so that he doesn't have to sell his father's medal? Can the ARRSE hierarchy set up a donation button or something? I would do it, but I am technologically impaired...

Would it be possible to set up a PayPal button that we could make donations through? COs (good and bad) ... care to chip in here with any ideas?

Latest Threads