Vatican whines re Belgium police pedo priest investigation

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BuggerAll, Jun 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The Belgium ambassador to the 'Holy See' has been summonsed to hear complaints about Belgium Police investigations into abuse by Catholic priests.

BBC article

Have these people no shame?
  2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Nope - none whatsoever. They don't like the fact that the police raided the property being used by the church to 'investigate' over 400 allegations. I suspect that this is because the police asked for all evidence and complaints be handed over to them as these where criminal matters, and the church played hardball.

Tough t!ts!
  3. The age of consent in the Vatican state is 12 years old, so they see no problem with kiddy fiddling!!!!!!!
  4. They will "pray" for the victims,what else would you expect them to do? Allow the law to take it's course?Somehow I don't think so.
  5. When in the history of humankind has a powerfull, and priviliged elite willingly given up it`s perks :?
  6. When it comes to PR, the vatican make BP look smooth. After all the scandals and alleged cover ups the vatican had a golden oppotunatey to show they were not above the law, didn't expect to be teated as such and welcome the bad element in their ranks being brought to justice. Instead they proved what a corrupt fcuked up organisation they really are.
  7. Methinks it will take a thousand Orange princes on a thousand white horse and a month of glorious twelfths to solf these sick pricks.
  8. Among the many things that really get me not just about this story but the whole sickening paedo- and its cover-up-saga, is that the RC hierarchy still, after all that's been happening, seems totally oblivious to the collapse of all moral weight and authority to its finger-wagging homilies, and additionally as though we all not only believed in a God but we believed in the RC version of it - and that no other possibility can be entertained. No doubt His Hole-iness, when he comes to England in September, will once again favour us with his esteemed lectures, berating us for our own 'moral disorder', speaking, as he does, with a unique and direct connection with the Big Guy Himself! I'd like to describe the stance as 'pathetic' but it's gone way beyond that. YET, millions throughout the world continue to look up to this figure and this organisation for 'guidance' as representing 'ultimate goodness and truth'. Why can't they see it? - or are we just supposed to shut up and stop criticising?
    Btw I speak as a one-time devout Roman Catholic - until I myself 'saw the light'. Hallelujah!
  9. But you´re all forgetting that untill recently Belgium had no anti kiddy fiddling laws at all,and I´m not 100% sure that they´ve even got them now,the whole Government was riddled with paedo´s until a convict spilled the beans a few years ago.
    The kiddy fiddling Belgian priests could probably claim that they hadn´t broken any Belgian laws at all untill recently!
    In Austria the RC Church is proposing a compensation award scheme that will give victims between 5,000-25,000 Euros depending on the gravity of the offence,maybe they should sue in the USA and get more :twisted:
  10. What about the laws of their God, does he think that it is OK to molest children?
  11. Mind control, extortion, the pursuit of power - Vader felt like an amateur.

12. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

that's just the point, Sticky, this whole business is showing a total disconnect between Roman Catholicism and Christianity as it should be. A Christian Pope would first and foremost be concerned for the victims and for their obtaining justice.
  13. I suppose you´d better ask God that one and I´m not sure If God(according to the RC Church)likes Queers either but according to the TV yesterday about 70% are homosexuals and this from two priests who were kicked out for admitting their ´sins´.I think paedo´s should be hung by their balls but I was writing that Belgium is full of hypocrites as they have a terrible record on child sex acceptance.
    About 20 years ago British police wanted to arrest known child sex offenders some of whom were lawyers or even judges,they were tipped off and fled to Belgium.Belgium refused to extradite the perverts saying that they hadn´t broken any of their laws as sex with children wasn´t a crime there.
  14. Well, regardless of the doubtless justified reputation of Catholic priests being child violinists, I must point out that it occurs in all religions, cultures, times and civilizations. It isn't just the Catholics.

15. No but they try to take the moral highground and tell the rest of us mere mortals how we should live and behave,and If we don´t threaten us with hellfire and eternal suffering whilst stuffing boodles of dosh into their back pockets on the way, they still hold enormous power in some countries including Southern Ireland.