Vatican Re-Examines Contraception Ban

Link to story.

OK, so it's for a reeeeeeeeeal narrow segment of the Catholic flock, and it's like a century late, but it's a start.

About time, one little step at a time perhaps.

Anyone remember the last nazi... I mean pope... declaring that condoms did nothing to stop the spread of HIV?

(yes, I know the last pope was polish and was around during the time of the nazis and was anti-nazi, but I wanted to sound mean :p)

Ive always thought the whole catholic anti-condom thing was a bit crazy.

Dont have sex outside of marriage, but, if your going to, dont wear a condom, we need all the recruits we can get!

But, Ive never laughed so hard as when the Catholic Church (and others) called HIV/AIDS the gay plague only to have the noofters rubber up, thereby turning HIV/AIDS into the catholic plague.

Its Darwinism at work, they dont believe in natural selection, cant quite work out modern things like condoms, gene therapy and so on. After a while us advanced secular types will be hale and hearty whilst the religous types will be dying off. Thank fcuk.

B

benjaminw1

crabby said:

Anyone remember the last nazi... I mean pope... declaring that condoms did nothing to stop the spread of HIV?

(yes, I know the last pope was polish and was around during the time of the nazis and was anti-nazi, but I wanted to sound mean :p)
Quite right - keeping your legs together and knickers on helps more...

Cuchulainn said:
Its Darwinism at work, they dont believe in natural selection, cant quite work out modern things like condoms, gene therapy and so on. After a while us advanced secular types will be hale and hearty whilst the religous types will be dying off. Thank fcuk.
LOL

But it's OK for priests to sh@g little boys?

I still have never seen anything in the bible that says contracenptives are a bad thing. Surely they're a human invention and a human-created ban. Bloody nonsense dreamt up by a bunch of idiots who claim that they're they the spiritual representatives of some big fairy who lives in the sky. With a beard.

(cuckoo)

B

benjaminw1

Cuchulainn said:

Dont have sex outside of marriage, but, if your going to, dont wear a condom, we need all the recruits we can get!

But, Ive never laughed so hard as when the Catholic Church (and others) called HIV/AIDS the gay plague only to have the noofters rubber up, thereby turning HIV/AIDS into the catholic plague.

Have you seen the birth rates of secular Western counties compared to "medieval" religious types?....

benjaminw1 said:
Cuchulainn said:

Have you seen the birth rates of secular Western counties compared to "medieval" religious types?....

No, but do you have the figures or a link please?

B

benjaminw1

theoriginalphantom said:
benjaminw1 said:
Cuchulainn said:

No, but do you have the figures or a link please?
Fertilty rate is 2.1 children per women to replace a given population

a couple of sources...

Country Comparison Birth rate

Fertility Rates

but we also need to look at death rates/ages for a proper comparison.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
benjaminw1 said:
Fertilty rate is 2.1 children per women to replace a given population

a couple of sources...

Country Comparison Birth rate

Index Mundi - birth rate comparison said:
1 Niger 48.3/1000
223 Falkland Islands 1.0/1000

Does this mean that the Nigerians are 48.3 or 223 times more attractive than the Bennies ?

Or should they all be given a .223 contraceptive ?

PoisonDwarf said:
Cuchulainn said:
LOL

I still have never seen anything in the bible that says contracenptives are a bad thing. Surely they're a human invention and a human-created ban. Bloody nonsense dreamt up by a bunch of idiots who claim that they're they the spiritual representatives of some big fairy who lives in the sky. With a beard.

(cuckoo)
But surely they believe in creationism and things being pre-ordained, therefore the invention of the condom was Gods idea? After all, if everything is pre-ordained then who are they to judge if Gods will as being right or wrong?

Bleh, they are all bloody mental and should be locked up/executed!

If its ok for the elected head of a country to admit he went into a war cause God told him, is it OK to kill that head of a country because God told me to do it!

And on the point of birth/death rates, as we are overpopulating the planet surely having a lower number of healthy babies is far superior to having 15 HIV infected babies in a country ravaged by war and famine, not that im into making moral judgements or anything.

B

benjaminw1

Cuchulainn said:
PoisonDwarf said:
Cuchulainn said:
LOL

(cuckoo)
But surely they believe in creationism and things being pre-ordained, therefore the invention of the condom was Gods idea? After all, if everything is pre-ordained then who are they to judge if Gods will as being right or wrong?

Bleh, they are all bloody mental and should be locked up/executed!

If its ok for the elected head of a country to admit he went into a war cause God told him, is it OK to kill that head of a country because God told me to do it!

And on the point of birth/death rates, as we are overpopulating the planet surely having a lower number of healthy babies is far superior to having 15 HIV infected babies in a country ravaged by war and famine, not that im into making moral judgements or anything.

The Vatican believes in neither of those things :roll:

(Oh and the rest is fairly t1t as well...)

PoisonDwarf said:
Cuchulainn said:
LOL

(cuckoo)
Have you actually ever read the bible?

Not a religous type myself but if you are going to mock then it helps if you know even something about your target.

Gen 1:28 "be fruitful and multiply" gods first commandment to man.
Gen 38:9-10 states that during intercourse Onan "spilled his seed on the ground" (coitus interruptus). This was "evil in the sight of the Lord" and was punished by Onan's death.

That and the fact that sex is "designed" or a "natural law"* to end in procreation means contraception is a sin.

Now as daft as the Catholic churches ban on condoms is, their actual full message of no sex outside of marriage and be faithful to your spouse for life IF followed by everyone would mean that HIV would never have got started in the first place never mind spreading around the world.

I suppose they are hoping that all non-fundie catholics will get AIDS and die, this would mean that the RC church would win..

*according to Aristotle, Augustine, Aquinas and Pope Pius XI.

benjaminw1 said:
Get breeding!

I want 4 Kids per Arsser!

And I want it now!
I already have 4 kids :roll: . Believe me it's not that much fun

B

benjaminw1

Private_Pike said:
benjaminw1 said:
Get breeding!

I want 4 Kids per Arsser!

And I want it now!
I already have 4 kids :roll: . Believe me it's not that much fun

<In Sybil's telephone voice to Audrey>

"I Know, I know, I've got three myself"

benjaminw1 said:
crabby said:

Quite right - keeping your legs together and knickers on helps more...

A number of those questioned said that the use of condoms within the confines of a marriage where one spouse had contracted the virus was morally acceptable.

If you want to have sex with someone, they're important! Sex can be great, but there are risks involved. You can catch infections, and a woman can become pregnant. If you do not want to end up in a STD clinic or with a baby, using a condom is a good idea.

In addition, no matter what anyone says people are going to not abstain from these kinds of feelings .

In my personal opinion, I think it is right for people to use condoms for the reasons above whether they are single or married. In addition it is up to the individuals themselves what ever they decide what is right for them and the person they love and in my opinion i think condoms are very sensible to stop people catching infections etc

As one Italian Mamma put it, when asked what she thought of the Pope's ban on contraception: "He no playa da game; he no makea da rules!"