Vatican Re-Examines Contraception Ban

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by TankiesYank, May 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Link to story.

OK, so it's for a reeeeeeeeeal narrow segment of the Catholic flock, and it's like a century late, but it's a start.

2. About time, one little step at a time perhaps.

Anyone remember the last nazi... I mean pope... declaring that condoms did nothing to stop the spread of HIV?

(yes, I know the last pope was polish and was around during the time of the nazis and was anti-nazi, but I wanted to sound mean :p)

3. Ive always thought the whole catholic anti-condom thing was a bit crazy.

Dont have sex outside of marriage, but, if your going to, dont wear a condom, we need all the recruits we can get!

But, Ive never laughed so hard as when the Catholic Church (and others) called HIV/AIDS the gay plague only to have the noofters rubber up, thereby turning HIV/AIDS into the catholic plague.

Its Darwinism at work, they dont believe in natural selection, cant quite work out modern things like condoms, gene therapy and so on. After a while us advanced secular types will be hale and hearty whilst the religous types will be dying off. Thank fcuk.

4. Quite right - keeping your legs together and knickers on helps more...

5. LOL

But it's OK for priests to sh@g little boys?

I still have never seen anything in the bible that says contracenptives are a bad thing. Surely they're a human invention and a human-created ban. Bloody nonsense dreamt up by a bunch of idiots who claim that they're they the spiritual representatives of some big fairy who lives in the sky. With a beard.

(cuckoo)

6. Have you seen the birth rates of secular Western counties compared to "medieval" religious types?....

7. No, but do you have the figures or a link please?

8. Fertilty rate is 2.1 children per women to replace a given population

a couple of sources...

Country Comparison Birth rate

Fertility Rates

9. but we also need to look at death rates/ages for a proper comparison.

10. Get breeding!

I want 4 Kids per Arsser!

And I want it now!

11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Does this mean that the Nigerians are 48.3 or 223 times more attractive than the Bennies ?

Or should they all be given a .223 contraceptive ?

12. :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

13. But surely they believe in creationism and things being pre-ordained, therefore the invention of the condom was Gods idea? After all, if everything is pre-ordained then who are they to judge if Gods will as being right or wrong?

Bleh, they are all bloody mental and should be locked up/executed!

If its ok for the elected head of a country to admit he went into a war cause God told him, is it OK to kill that head of a country because God told me to do it!

And on the point of birth/death rates, as we are overpopulating the planet surely having a lower number of healthy babies is far superior to having 15 HIV infected babies in a country ravaged by war and famine, not that im into making moral judgements or anything.

14. The Vatican believes in neither of those things :roll:

(Oh and the rest is fairly t1t as well...)