Vastly improved Android App

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Nov 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

We've released a vastly improved Android app. In common with the iOS app this is based on the Tapatalk forum app. It is much more usable, doesn't crash (fingers crossed), has good tablet support, includes the 'Like' functions, uploads and also links will open in the app rather than redirecting to a browser.

You can get it here in Google Play here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.arrsecouk

Unfortunately the old app won't flag this up automatically as an upgrade as it is totally different. You will therefore need to uninstall the old app.

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Downloaded it & first impression is I like it better than the last incarnation.

3. It works better, just doesn't look as good. Will there be a paid app?

Sent from my HTC Desire using ARRSE mobile app

4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

No, we've had very few takers for the paid iPhone one and I doubt this would be different. that said, we've haven't pushed the iPhone paid app which is probably half the problem. Mmmmmm, so... urm... probably not, unless the iOS paid one becomes popular.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I like it, a lot faster than the old app.

6. I like it. Easier to catch up on threads you are following

Sent from my HTC Desire using ARRSE mobile app

7. Been using this for just over a week now. Verrrrrry happy.

A few minor bugs such as quoting sometimes is from a random post years ago and some posts were made in 1970!

Can now see youtube, post links, nick photies for faceache and generally have order in the displaying of latest posts.

It would be nice to permanantly delete the "sent from..." crap though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using ARRSE mobile app

8. Good Morning Good CO
    Well, when you have a moment, how about telling is about the paid app then? What's it do different to the regular app? Cant find any reference to it in the iTunes mess, does it still exist?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin