Various site problems.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I think you aren't allowed to attach pictures to PMs, because certain naughty arrsers were sending pictures of a very personal nature to arrse maidens who did not welcome them....
Thank you, idiots every where in life.

I think you aren't allowed to attach pictures to PMs, because certain naughty arrsers were sending pictures of a very personal nature to arrse maidens who did not welcome them....

I too wondered why ... every day is a learning day .

Slime

LE
Thank you, idiots every where in life.

I seem to recall that when I asked a moderator about posting pics in PM messages, the answer was no and the word ‘carnage’ was mentioned :)

I access the site mainly via my iNoPhone and always have it as an active page in Safari. For the past couple of weeks it keeps logging me out, seemingly at random intervals. Any thoughts, COs?

I access the site mainly via my iNoPhone and always have it as an active page in Safari. For the past couple of weeks it keeps logging me out, seemingly at random intervals. Any thoughts, COs?
It's a conspiracy. Where do you live..

TamH70

MIA
Anyone else suffering similar problems, or is it just me?

All the various bits of gubbins I use to log on to ARRSE have been working fine. I don't use Safari as I have enough "fun" with Edge and Chrome, so I can't help you out with that.

Apologies for replying to my own post, but I haven’t had a response from COs or other relevant parties and it seems to be logging me out randomly - I can stay logged-in for several days and then it will log me out for no apparent reason. It’s just done this twice in five minutes.

Apologies for replying to my own post, but I haven’t had a response from COs or other relevant parties and it seems to be logging me out randomly - I can stay logged-in for several days and then it will log me out for no apparent reason. It’s just done this twice in five minutes.
Phone signal drop out? Why stay logged in permanently?

No, on WiFi. Because it just used to work that way. Since I last posted it has dropped me out three more times. Have the FIA taken over management of the site? :rolleyes:
You still haven't cleared your cache though have you? I expect if you get a new phone it will be more reliable - until it starts to get clogged up. From apple support online:
  • To clear your history and cookies, go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data. Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.
Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Read this article too: Apple iPhone 10: How To Clear Cache

You still haven't cleared your cache though have you? I expect if you get a new phone it will be more reliable - until it starts to get clogged up. From apple support online:
  • To clear your history and cookies, go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data. Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.
Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Ok, done that it immediately logged me out of ARRSE and every other tab. I will see what happens.

Latest Threads