Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Various site problems.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm not getting an advert thing but this:

Welcome to Army Rumour Service​

Army Rumour Service asks for your consent to use your personal data to:​

• perm_identity
    Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development
  • devices
    Store and/or access information on a device
expand_more
Learn more
Your personal data will be processed and information from your device (cookies, unique identifiers, and other device data) may be stored by, accessed by and shared with third party vendors, or used specifically by this site or app.
Some vendors may process your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest, which you can object to by managing your options below. You can withdraw your consent at any time by visiting our privacy policy page.

Consent Manage options
How else will we read your PMs?

What's the solution on Edge, please?
Very odd, as the problem is persistent on ARRSE, but no sign of the issue "next door"
The updated version of Edge is on this particular machine with AdBlock. The pop-up forced me to go through it and disable all potential ad options then it went away. It returned a few days later after I cleared history/cookies so it was necessary to repeat the process and so far it is fine.

The updated version of Edge is on this particular machine with AdBlock. The pop-up forced me to go through it and disable all potential ad options then it went away. It returned a few days later after I cleared history/cookies so it was necessary to repeat the process and so far it is fine.
Ah - I'll give that a go, thanks

On Firefox AD Block isn't causing the problem for me as I've just found out. It's Ghostery that is causing the problem. This site wants me to disable tracking which I am not going to do.

I enable Ghostery and this is what I get on every page.

View attachment 515814

Did you manage to block this? Downthread it looks like some people have but following their suggestions I still get this banner. Thought I'd ask before I have a poke around under the bonnet.

Not a major issue, but I've noticed that the times being shown on posts is 12 hours out of sync.

NSP

LE
The "remove formatting" button doesn't seem to be working - just pasted a bit of bold type from another page that came in bold. Highlighted it and clicked the "remove formatting" button and sod al happened. Usually it results in the selected text changing to the side default font, size and format.

@Bad CO is there any chance of getting back the 'summarise alerts' option? I hadn't realised how useful it was until it disappeared. I did prefer getting one note saying "6 people think you're a moron" compared to 6 individual notifications.

I did prefer getting one note saying "6 people think you're a moron"
Strictly speaking, six people clicked the "You are a moron" button.

The rest of us couldn't be bothered to press the button.

Bad CO

Admin
@Bad CO is there any chance of getting back the 'summarise alerts' option? I hadn't realised how useful it was until it disappeared. I did prefer getting one note saying "6 people think you're a moron" compared to 6 individual notifications.

Along with a lot of other people we're still waiting for the developer of the add-on to bring it up to speed with the latest version of the core software.

"I'm hoping to get an update for this add-on out soon."

The consent thing seems to have stopped, without my doing anything my end (I ain't clever like youse lot). I'd resigned myself to forever clicking the green consent box before I could move on....
This morning- gone! Huzzah! Did someone find the switch?

Mattb

LE
Anyone else finding the site randomly doing this?

(Chrome on iOS)

Attachments

• F371E86D-59F4-4882-9BF8-B0E9C1CAE35B.png
    F371E86D-59F4-4882-9BF8-B0E9C1CAE35B.png
    712.9 KB · Views: 30