Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Various site problems.

Good CO

Admin
It's this

never seen that. Ah well...

I'm going to sack it tonight and will take another look tomorrow. As you might imaging though curing problems for ad-blockers doesn't seem like the best investment of my time, regardless of where that message comes from.

Didn't have it yesterday - raddled with it today. Had to consent to it in the end to get rid of it - every page - even going back a page, immobilised pages. This after dicking around with Chrome settings and editing the options on the pop up, submiting them - and then - next page, new pop up. I edited EVERY third party, too. Repeatedly

This should lead to some very intersting profiles.
Same here. Utter pain

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
The source of the 'adblocker' message is a base 64 encoded string (sneaky) - explained better here than I can do

ETA - I have an 'old' Firefox browser on my mobile running LineageOS which is a de-googled Android, uBlock Origin runs on it along with AdGuard. once I blocked the popup element, no further issues, the 'adblocker' message was hidden, not sure if AdGuard or uBlock can claim the kill!

Last edited:
Click on the padlock beside the URL, a drop down box will appear, click om site settings, when the new window opens click on clear data, it will tell you that you will be signed out of the site, click on ok and then close both windows, log back into arrse and it should work properly again

Click on the padlock beside the URL, a drop down box will appear, click om site settings, when the new window opens click on clear data, it will tell you that you will be signed out of the site, click on ok and then close both windows, log back into arrse and it should work properly again
Thanks mate, that sorted it out.
(Windows10, XHamster)

Last edited:

Worked for me - Windows 10 + Edge

I subscribe to " Ad Free ARRSE " but as posted yesterday had this message displayed at the foot of my screen ...

ARRSE Error Message.jpg

... as a matter of course I also run Adblock Plus . I removed the message by turning it off for the ARRSE Website .

Windows 10 and Google Chrome .

However .... anyone else still experiencing problems with Android Devices ?... my Samsung Galaxy J3 is constantly re-displaying the " Use of Data Consent " message .

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Edge is now a chrome based browser, so it's probably some of the extra googly spyware thats messing things up for you

removing "duck duck go" as a search engine fixed it

jg505

War Hero
I subscribe to " Ad Free ARRSE " but as posted yesterday had this message displayed at the foot of my screen ...

View attachment 515742

... as a matter of course I also run Adblock Plus . I removed the message by turning it off for the ARRSE Website .

Windows 10 and Google Chrome .

However .... anyone else still experiencing problems with Android Devices ?... my Samsung Galaxy J3 is constantly re-displaying the " Use of Data Consent " message .
Yep, no matter what I do, can't seem to get rid of the consent window....on my Samsung mobile.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
For those using an adblocker, this will prevent the popup if you add it to your custom rules

www.arrse.co.uk##body > div[class][style*="position: fixed; width:"][style*="z-index: 21474"][style*="justify-content: center; font-family: Roboto, Arial;"]

Yep, no matter what I do, can't seem to get rid of the consent window....on my Samsung mobile.
Same on Samsung Galaxy mobile

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Personally i think uBlock Origin is a better blocker, they all do essentially the same thing - stay away from uBlock Nano though.

You sir, are a genius....

jg505

War Hero
Ok, for Samsung users (all other Android users try it also).

Open the phones settings.
Go to Apps.
Click on whichever App you are using to access the internet (I'm using Samsung Internet).
Then click on storage
Then choose clear data.

Ok, it cleared out all my open internet tabs, and I had to log back into ARRSE.

I got the consent window one more time but nothing after that.

A very similar process to don't tell him pikes.

Good luck.

Ok, for Samsung users (all other Android users try it also).

Open the phones settings.
Go to Apps.
Click on whichever App you are using to access the internet (I'm using Samsung Internet).
Then click on storage
Then choose clear data.

Ok, it cleared out all my open internet tabs, and I had to log back into ARRSE.

I got the consent window one more time but nothing after that.

A very similar process to don't tell him pikes.

Good luck.
Thanks ... followed that ...lost some other " Bookmarks " which I can re-instate ... seems to work ... at the moment .

Latest Threads