Various site problems.

May be just this end, but has anyone else noticed the site slowing down again?
Takes a good 5-6 seconds for anything to happen after clicking on a thread.
Fine here, and I'm effectively working on dial-up modem connectivity speeds.

Slime

LE
Same as above post.

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
(W18) this is what appeared the evening before when adding details about a Mercedes 290. I was describing the car on thread:- What film have you recently watched. Three times I deleted, because I got the 'cool' blue face 'smilies' each time, instead of '8'.
Fourth atempt, just didn't include the reference.
The 'cool' blue face still pops up now when I 'post, so I'll spell it out:- I wanted and typed inside the brackets 'W and the number that follows 17.

Last edited:

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
The 8 and ) combine to produce 8)

All you needed to do was write (W178 ) or [W178] - anything but 8).
May I ask a Question about
The 8 and ) combine to produce 8)

All you needed to do was write (W178 ) or [W178] - anything but 8).
Being a new member, I noted 'Book Reviews', so I typed up mine on 'High Performance by Peter Grimsdale'. Already logged in I went to 'Reviews', but could not find anywhere to submit my book review.
A message at 'Resources' would help perhaps if it said;-' You may not submit a book review.'
Now my book review is a 'Thread' as suggested by book editor, but when I click 'Your Reviews', the message box notes;- "you have not posted any resources yet".
It's the "yet" that seems to invite a member to submit a book review?

May I ask a Question about

Being a new member, I noted 'Book Reviews', so I typed up mine on 'High Performance by Peter Grimsdale'. Already logged in I went to 'Reviews', but could not find anywhere to submit my book review.
A message at 'Resources' would help perhaps if it said;-' You may not submit a book review.'
Now my book review is a 'Thread' as suggested by book editor, but when I click 'Your Reviews', the message box notes;- "you have not posted any resources yet".
It's the "yet" that seems to invite a member to submit a book review?
Have you asked to join the 'Book Reviewer' group?

Message @Auld-Yin in the first instance.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Have you asked to join the 'Book Reviewer' group?

Message @Auld-Yin in the first instance.
Been through that a week ago with him where I explained, quite fully, how things happen. Unfortunately this chap wants everything done for him, his way and to suit him. He has put his book up on the site so I don't know why he is still pushing this, unless of course to keep it in the public eye.

Having remotely activated your cam, I could see that you were struggling so I thought I'd help out :cool:

. . . and you might want to tidy up the tissues . . .
Much obliged for your help guv'nor. This new fangled stuff‘ll be the death of me.

Oh, Happily with the ever increasing blindness, I can barely see the tissues these days. I you can’t see them, they can't really be untidy.

Much obliged for your help guv'nor. This new fangled stuff‘ll be the death of me.

Oh, Happily with the ever increasing blindness, I can barely see the tissues these days. I you can’t see them, they can't really be untidy.
Well, if you can stomach the musk of what appears to be heavily . . . errm . . . soiled tissues, then who am I to judge?

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
All above just dodging the issue....Just put some information at Book Reviews!
edit.... Just checked Arsse-pedia 'medals' "If these concern you then you are a penis". Along with 'medals', some members also display ,'book reviewer', kit reviewer and book editor, under their displayed medals. Does this make them limp penis's?

Last edited:

Latest Threads