Various site problems.

HHH

GCM
Any other pearls of wisdom? Such as a means of deleting entered text (deleting by back-spacing seems to just put the text into a cache from which it returns when you re-open the text area).
If you click on the icon top right of reply text box "Drafts" you get the option to save or delete what you have previously typed.

See Screenshot

Capture.PNG

If you click on the icon top right of reply text box "Drafts" you get the option to save or delete what you have previously typed.

See Screenshot

View attachment 481028
That's good, thanks. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to appear on the mobile phone menu.

Any translation of the icons that appear in the drop-down from the three dots?

HHH

GCM
That's good, thanks. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to appear on the mobile phone menu.

Any translation of the icons that appear in the drop-down from the three dots?
They are to insert, Media,Quote etc

Capture 2.PNG

HHH

GCM
I gathered something of the sort. I was looking for a translation to explain what they are (and a lesson in how to use them).
Media is to insert videos, youtube etc

Quote is to insert
around a sentence you have highlighted
Spoiler is to hide a passage of text that the viewer has to click on to reveal it,
people use it for film reviews etc

Inline spoiler puts in blanks where you want to hide part of your statement and the viewer has to click on the blank space to reveal it and clicking it again hides it
For everyone that doesn't know what an Inline Spoiler is: A blacked out text snippet that the user can reveal by clicking on it to see the hidden content. Prevents them from accidentally reading spoilers

The 2 code ones are to insert different codes

That's as much as I know about them, hope this helps
I checked my mobile and as you say the save/delete drafts doesn't appear on it.

Media is to insert videos, youtube etc

Quote is to insert

Spoiler is to hide a passage of text that the viewer has to click on to reveal it,
people use it for film reviews etc

Inline spoiler puts in blanks where you want to hide part of your statement and the viewer has to click on the blank space to reveal it and clicking it again hides it
For everyone that doesn't know what an Inline Spoiler is: A blacked out text snippet that the user can reveal by clicking on it to see the hidden content. Prevents them from accidentally reading spoilers

The 2 code ones are to insert different codes

That's as much as I know about them, hope this helps
I checked my mobile and as you say the save/delete drafts doesn't appear on it.
Thank you. That looks like fun.

I don't know whether it's been covered already, but a bit of a niggle on posting a response to someone else's post is that after it appears in the stream, there's no apparent way of finding the original without a tedious search to the point at which you left the stream. Your post used to appear at the bottom of the page which you were reading, but now it appears at the very end of the thread, and a simple 'go back' flick of the mouse doesn't have the effect it should.

HHH

GCM
I don't know whether it's been covered already, but a bit of a niggle on posting a response to someone else's post is that after it appears in the stream, there's no apparent way of finding the original without a tedious search to the point at which you left the stream. Your post used to appear at the bottom of the page which you were reading, but now it appears at the very end of the thread, and a simple 'go back' flick of the mouse doesn't have the effect it should.
When you have quoted someone and posted your reply, if you then click on the up arrow beside their username in the quote it will take you back to the original post.

Capture 3.PNG

Edited to clarify up arrow

Last edited:
Any other pearls of wisdom? Such as a means of deleting entered text (deleting by back-spacing seems to just put the text into a cache from which it returns when you re-open the text area).
  1. Click the little floppy disk icon
  2. Click on delete draft.
  3. Refresh your screen (F5 on PC, little circular arrow thing to the right of the address bar on ipad etc).

1. Click the little floppy disk icon
  2. Click on delete draft.
  3. Refresh your screen (F5 on PC, little circular arrow thing to the right of the address bar on ipad etc).
I don't seem to have a floppy disk icon on my phone screen...

I think I've worked out that the "settings" button is nothing more than a toggle which greys out the formatting buttons and hence is a bit of a waste of space. Or is there more to it?
More too it for those (beardy nerds) who want it... It turns the WYSIWYG editor on and off.

To achieve Hello World with WYSIWYG* on you would click the icons above marked B, I, U, T[22]

With WYSIWYG off you would write it out as

Code:
[B][I][U][SIZE6]Hello World[/SIZE][/U][/I][/B]
It has its uses even if they are not immediately obvious.

*What You See Is What You Get

I thought by now you'd have sussed it.

Okay, top of the screen, to the right of your bell alert icon, is an on/off switch looking icon.

Click on that. Small page opens. Turn off the option for 'mobile navigation bar.'

Er, that's it.

You're welcome.
Thanks for that ... every day is a learning day .

More too it for those (beardy nerds) who want it... It turns the WYSIWYG editor on and off.

To achieve Hello World with WYSIWYG* on you would click the icons above marked B, I, U, T[22]

With WYSIWYG off you would write it out as

Code:
[B][I][U][SIZE6]Hello World[/SIZE][/U][/I][/B]
It has its uses even if they are not immediately obvious.

*What You See Is What You Get
OK, I think I've got the gist. Dinosaurs like me leave it turned on in order to achieve the desired outcome in 5 presses. Geeks turn it off so they achieve the same outcome in about 40 presses.

Because they can.

When you have quoted someone and posted your reply, if you then click on their username in the quote it will take you back to the original post.

View attachment 481099
I've just noticed that when you apply your solution, you aren't taken to the original post at all; you're taken to the latest post made by that member.

Alamo

LE
The clock (and therefore time stamp of my posts) on all my variations of the site (desktop, iPhone and iPad) is all over the place. Yesterday it was about 6 hours out.
Makes no real difference, it’s just annoying.

May be just this end, but has anyone else noticed the site slowing down again?
Takes a good 5-6 seconds for anything to happen after clicking on a thread.

Latest Threads