Various site problems.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
And still the circular avatar frames. S'alright, I can live with those.

I can't. They're bollox and it's the thin end of the wedge I tell you!

Is it me or does everyone appear to be a strange little circle?

The site was better in Latin. Romanes eunt domus
I am not sure it was but no doubt @Auld-Yin will share his memories of the days of Good Legionaire and Bad Legionaire hosting acrimonious debates in the Forum.

The debates were allegedly well attended with a couple of Roman soldiers with a lot of ne'er served civium for balance.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I am not sure it was but no doubt @Auld-Yin will share his memories of the days of Good Legionaire and Bad Legionaire hosting acrimonious debates in the Forum.

The debates were allegedly well attended with a couple of Roman soldiers with a lot of ne'er served civium for balance.
Life was hard then!
119471174-croatia-split-june-2018-re-enactors-dressed-as-roman-legionnaires-wait-to-pose-with-...jpg

Bad CO

Admin
Apologies but the more astute/less intoxicated members of the site may have noticed a few glitches today ;) following a 'seemless upgrade' that I did this morning!

Anyway things should be mainly back to normal now

load_fin

War Hero
Apologies but the more astute/less intoxicated members of the site may have noticed a few glitches today ;) following a 'seemless upgrade' that I did this morning!

Anyway things should be mainly back to normal now
Still getting problems on my android phone using chrome.
Keeps telling me chrome has stopped, then I click the "close app" button that is offered, and it's back to normal jogging.

And I cant find a list of forums. Took me bloody ages to find this thread.

Still getting problems on my android phone using chrome.
Keeps telling me chrome has stopped, then I click the "close app" button that is offered, and it's back to normal jogging.

And I cant find a list of forums. Took me bloody ages to find this thread.
Glad that it isn't just me.

A lot of objections seem to be aimed at the site as it appears on a telephone. I shall say no more about that, but the little bell is a bit too fiddly; a larger 'alerts' button, way over on the right, past 'options' and the magnifying glass would be far better. I keep changing the appearance of the page.

Hell's teeth, is this 'Comic Sans'? I'm outraged, but I like it.

I'm quite happy with it as it currently is (Samsung S9 on Samsung Internet). The bottom bar is unnecessary but only becomes a problem when posting as it reduces the text area to 4-8 lines. As a result, long replies are uncomfortable, especially when using paragraphs. When reading posts, i.e. when the keyboard isn't present, it's less of an issue.

As a separate issue, what is the top left icon in the toolbox, the one to the left of the bold icon? If it's supposed to be an eraser, mine has never worked. If I decide not to post a reply, despite deleting the text, it still returns to the text area. I end up having to submit the deleted reply, knowing full well that I'll get an automated response to the effect that I've done something wrong.

Last edited:

Latest Threads