Varicose Vein

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by IrishG, Sep 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright chaps, was in the gym yesterday and noticced just behind my kneecap and up a bit what i would desribe and 3 knuckles sticking out of the skin, so i went and seen about it this morning they have advised me this looks like a varicose vein, i have no idea what this is but after reading up about it i don't think i should be getting this at the age of 22, has anyone else got these and do they give any hassle?

2. You can get varicose veins at a young age, they may cause you no problems at all. If they do you can have them removed but it's not always a successful operation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have a varicocele (a varicose vein in the ball bag)

Sometimes its not there, othertimes its like whodyanickabollokoff. Ho hum.

Unconfortable at times but no serious problems. They are easily treatable alomst anywhere if needed.

4. i just hope im not growing another bollock on the back of my leg

5. I'm 35 years old and have a small ganglia of varicose veins on the L-side of my right shin, they've been there for a couple of years but never caused any bother.

Unless you are dreadfully vain, I shouldn't really worry if they aren't giving you any trouble.

6. It shouldn't be anything to worry about, it is a superficial vein with a weak area in the venous wall, so it swells up, especially as you exercise (increased blood pressure). If you're worried go to the doc, if not take two paracetamols every 4 hours (no more than 8 in 24 hrs) and if no better tomorrow come and see me (just joking).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Have just found a varicose vein in the same spot. Nobody will want me now. sob sob sniff.

8. Bumtish!

9. Ive got one on my ball sack as well, I just put it down to the massive amount of blood required when I go gun front ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  10. I have a varicocele its a bit noticeable but doesn't cause any pain or effect my fitness , did you need any special things from doctor and what happened when they found it at selection.

11. I have a varicocele its a bit noticeable but doesn't cause any pain or effect my fitness , did you need any special things from doctor and what happened when they found it at selection

12. Thanks for sharing

13. I had varicose veins removed from one leg a few years back.They had been there a while without causing problems,but my doctor advised getting them removed when skin around ankles became very irritated which could lead to ulcers.

14. Visiting the doctor for anything less than a traumatic amputation is akin to crying over a film about talking pets.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

15. You heartless beast you.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk