• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Varicose Vein

Alright chaps, was in the gym yesterday and noticced just behind my kneecap and up a bit what i would desribe and 3 knuckles sticking out of the skin, so i went and seen about it this morning they have advised me this looks like a varicose vein, i have no idea what this is but after reading up about it i don't think i should be getting this at the age of 22, has anyone else got these and do they give any hassle?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
You can get varicose veins at a young age, they may cause you no problems at all. If they do you can have them removed but it's not always a successful operation.

I have a varicocele (a varicose vein in the ball bag)

Sometimes its not there, othertimes its like whodyanickabollokoff. Ho hum.

Unconfortable at times but no serious problems. They are easily treatable alomst anywhere if needed.

I'm 35 years old and have a small ganglia of varicose veins on the L-side of my right shin, they've been there for a couple of years but never caused any bother.

Unless you are dreadfully vain, I shouldn't really worry if they aren't giving you any trouble.

It shouldn't be anything to worry about, it is a superficial vein with a weak area in the venous wall, so it swells up, especially as you exercise (increased blood pressure). If you're worried go to the doc, if not take two paracetamols every 4 hours (no more than 8 in 24 hrs) and if no better tomorrow come and see me (just joking).

I have a varicocele its a bit noticeable but doesn't cause any pain or effect my fitness , did you need any special things from doctor and what happened when they found it at selection.

I have a varicocele (a varicose vein in the ball bag)

Sometimes its not there, othertimes its like whodyanickabollokoff. Ho hum.

Unconfortable at times but no serious problems. They are easily treatable alomst anywhere if needed.
I have a varicocele its a bit noticeable but doesn't cause any pain or effect my fitness , did you need any special things from doctor and what happened when they found it at selection

I had varicose veins removed from one leg a few years back.They had been there a while without causing problems,but my doctor advised getting them removed when skin around ankles became very irritated which could lead to ulcers.

Visiting the doctor for anything less than a traumatic amputation is akin to crying over a film about talking pets.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Latest Threads