Variation Query

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Henry_Tombs, Feb 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The police have just returned my FAC with everything on it I asked for; however I am not to sure how to proceed with the following:

I asked to have a ­·577 (I have two Snider's) removed back to section 58 status and one 577-450 Martini Henry added, my ticket has come back with both Sniders still on and the authority to aquire the Martini which I told them I already have.

Do I write and tell them that I have removed one of the Sniders and put the Martini on myself?

2. Basically, yes, you do what you described. I discussed this with BASC last year who were very helpful. Your HBSA team ought to be able to help

3. Roger that EX_STAB!

4. Side note:

I wrote a letter with the variation explaining the need (research) for the 3x 7.62mm I had listed along with the 1x ·303 and 1x ·22, and said that had the variation form had more spaces I would have actually asked for 5x 7.62mm rifles............................they gave me all five!

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

They once returned a change of address to me and had lost one of my rifles but gave me authority to acquire, I phoned them up and also managed to get 500 slugs for my sec 1 shotgun instead of 50!

6. I've had variations over the phone before at times when they had the paperwork for some other reason.