Variation between the Foot Guards...

Discussion in 'Officers' started by HiHoJo, Nov 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My Lord, here we go again. Why not look for the Mess and the regiment in which you'll feel most at ease (and which seems to be most at ease with you)?
  2. .
  3. It all depends on your sexual orientation. That and your ability to communicate with heathen races. If you are a proper Englishman you will, of course, want to be a Grenadier, or Coldstream at a push. If you prefer to be dry bummed by a leprechaun or to hang out of the back of a sheep, go with the appropriate mob. If you like to cross-dress then look North.
  4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I am sure that all of the messes mentioned will have decent chaps as messing and wines members, and therefore your probability of receiving some sustenance will be high. Whether there is any substance in your ex Guards officer's comments is an entirely separate matter.

Big words; great if you know where to use them!
  5. TD, good catch. Just goes to show that money doesn't guarantee a good education.
  6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Surely where you schooled will determine which Regiment you join?

Etonians to the Grenadiers, Harrovians to the Coldstreams and peasants from lesser schools to lesser Regiments.
  7. I was always undre the impression that if one didnt know instinctively which Regiment was the correct one then one was not going to get into any of them anyway.

I suggest applying to the Paras - they will take anyone (or at least any background, you still have to pass the tests). Or maybe the Royal Signals as they have no standards at all (but remarkably good promotion prospects).