Vaping

This was the first thread to come up on the search......been a bit quiet on the forum reference vaping. I smoked my last cigarette July 22 2015 due in no small part to advice from ArRSe.
What I'm using now; Geekvape Zeus, single coil with 5ml tank from a Bachelor, being a mouth-to-lunger I buy 1.2 Ohm 30mm coils; £9/100 from Amazon-being 28G a lot easier to buy then to make! Mod is Aspire Speeder, I have 2 of these, with 3500mAh Efest batts.
View attachment 334799
The Zeus is leakproof, unlike the Berserker and the Siren, which is the main attraction. I mix my own juice which makes it mega cheap.
Links;
Geekvape ZEUS RTA UK Note this is the non-TPD version:-D
Premixed Nicotine Base for E-Liquid & E-cig UK Juice
Making your own coils can be daunting at first but are a piece of cake after a bit of practise.Been making my own for for a couple of years now and the taste/vapour are just so much better than pre-builds.£9 buys me 10 metres of wire,which is good for a couple of years :)

Last edited:
Believe me - vaping sets off smoke alarms in most hotels, as I have found out at silly o'clock in the morning when some twat has used his/her vape!
Nowhere near true, ol' sossij. If that is what you were told, someone is taking advantage of your innocent nature.
I suspect it depends on what type of detector the hotel has installed. Actual smoke detectors might well be set off by a big cloud of vapour (same way they can be set off by deodorant) as they function by airborne material obstructing a beam of radiation.

Heat detectors won't notice vapour as it's not (relatively) hot. Same reason that schools can put heat detectors in science labs and food cooking rooms and not worry about the alarm going off constantly - it's only if there is a large sustained rise in temperature that the alarm gets activated.

No idea about aeroplane khazis.

Making your own coils can be daunting at first but are a piece of cake after a bit of practise.Been making my own for for a couple of years now and the taste/vapour are just so much better than pre-builds.£9 buys me 10 metres of wire,which is good for a couple of years :)
28 Gauge is a special gift from the Gods when doing a 1.5 Ohm coil; springy and magnetizes itself! I'm fine with 26G. Bought two packets of cotton when I first started about 6 months ago; reckon that will be good for a few years at present rate of consumption.=D

28 Gauge is a special gift from the Gods when doing a 1.5 Ohm coil; springy and magnetizes itself! I'm fine with 26G. Bought two packets of cotton when I first started about 6 months ago; reckon that will be good for a few years at present rate of consumption.=D
Real men sub Ohm. :headbang:

I have been interested in making my own liquid but never got around to it.Any info you can share would be very much appreciated

Last edited:
Real men sub Ohm. :headbang:

I have been interested in making my own liquid but never got around to it.Any info you can share would be very much appreciated
I get mine from Premixed Nicotine Base for E-Liquid & E-cig UK They send out a bottle, I stick to 120ml, with the correct amount of VG/PG depending on the ratio you ask for and the amount of Nicotine shots you need-the Nicotine shots are all PG AFAIK. Add a flavour-I use The Vaping Apprentice, cos it's cheap. You will need a jug of some sort to mix in as the result is usually over 130ml and some smaller bottles to actually fill with, eg 50ml needle tip from Amazon. A small funnel is helpful. I don't bother steeping the liquid, just 5 mins in the ultrasonic cleaner does the job. You can vary the flavour by using more than one 10ml bottle of concentrate to suit and obviously drop the nicotine strength by not bunging in all the shots. Scary cheap; £35 for 240ml+ inc postage, was my last order
Even cheaper is to order in bulk from companies like Lucemill a friend gets his juice by the litre from them!

I get mine from Premixed Nicotine Base for E-Liquid & E-cig UK They send out a bottle, I stick to 120ml, with the correct amount of VG/PG depending on the ratio you ask for and the amount of Nicotine shots you need-the Nicotine shots are all PG AFAIK. Add a flavour-I use The Vaping Apprentice, cos it's cheap. You will need a jug of some sort to mix in as the result is usually over 130ml and some smaller bottles to actually fill with, eg 50ml needle tip from Amazon. A small funnel is helpful. I don't bother steeping the liquid, just 5 mins in the ultrasonic cleaner does the job. You can vary the flavour by using more than one 10ml bottle of concentrate to suit and obviously drop the nicotine strength by not bunging in all the shots. Scary cheap; £35 for 240ml+ inc postage, was my last order
Even cheaper is to order in bulk from companies like Lucemill a friend gets his juice by the litre from them!
Many thanks.

I get my supplies from various places. For base mix, I use Darkstar and for concentrates, I use Chefs Flavours or Vapes R us..

Nicotine wise, I stocked up with 2 litres of 72 just before the TDP rules came into effect. Seeing as I now puff at 1.5. The Nicotine will probably last for another 2 Yr's at least until I have to worry about stocking up again. (Hopefully I will be off it anyhow). Don't know if you can still get 72 Nicotine in bulk (not seen it for a while) or whether it is just the Nicotine shots now....

Lots of calculators on line for mixing and recipes too for the more adventurous.

Make my vape is a good site too.

TheIronDuke

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
No idea about aeroplane khazis.
Is the tiny smelly room at the back of the plane. 8 hours in, you nudge your bird and whisper "Hand me your panties, go to the khazi". Do this 4 hours before landing otherwise it will be blocked by fat lasses doing their slap.

Been on one for 3 1/2 years now, harder to kick than cigarettes, but healthier to use.
Bought the same product from the same UK based supplier the whole time, couldn't be arsed with mixing your own shite just to save less than I spill down my t shirt on a night out.

Never had an issue with hotel or plane detectors.

Latest Threads