Vaping

Some interesting points here.
During a cardio check-up a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned to my cardiologist that I was going to move to e-cigs at Christmas. He was happy with that and pointed out that they were next to useless as an aid to giving up unless you used liquid with nicotine - telling me at the same time to buy the liquid in France as liquid with nicotine is illegal in Switzerland.
He was obviously well read on the subject and, as a smoker himself, he asked me to let him know how it went on.
As you can imagine, he keeps a pretty good eye on such things as blood-sugar levels, and didn't mention a thing about increased levels. I'm due another blood-letting session early in Feb, so will see what happens then.
Went into neighbouring France last week and bought a vaping kit that's about the size of a Zippo (plus a bit taller for the mouthpiece) plus a number of bottles of nicotine juice.
The shop is run by an extremely attractive young lady of just under 30 summers, who was extremely helpful with her explanations and assistance - obviously taking pity on the old codger standing in front of her looking vacant at this whole new vocabulary!
Still taking pity, she then offered to deliver further bottles of juice. All I have to do is call in the order. Since she lives in the next village, about 8km away, just over the border, but like us, at about 1100m altitude, so things can get a bit snowy here in winter, this was a very generous offer. However, she also said that if I would like to pop over to her place of an evening to pick the stuff up, that would be equally acceptable!

Still taking pity, she then offered to deliver further bottles of juice. All I have to do is call in the order. Since she lives in the next village, about 8km away, just over the border, but like us, at about 1100m altitude, so things can get a bit snowy here in winter, this was a very generous offer. However, she also said that if I would like to pop over to her place of an evening to pick the stuff up, that would be equally acceptable!
What liquid did you buy?

Crack?

Some interesting points here.
During a cardio check-up a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned to my cardiologist that I was going to move to e-cigs at Christmas. He was happy with that and pointed out that they were next to useless as an aid to giving up unless you used liquid with nicotine - telling me at the same time to buy the liquid in France as liquid with nicotine is illegal in Switzerland.
He was obviously well read on the subject and, as a smoker himself, he asked me to let him know how it went on.
As you can imagine, he keeps a pretty good eye on such things as blood-sugar levels, and didn't mention a thing about increased levels. I'm due another blood-letting session early in Feb, so will see what happens then.
Went into neighbouring France last week and bought a vaping kit that's about the size of a Zippo (plus a bit taller for the mouthpiece) plus a number of bottles of nicotine juice.
The shop is run by an extremely attractive young lady of just under 30 summers, who was extremely helpful with her explanations and assistance - obviously taking pity on the old codger standing in front of her looking vacant at this whole new vocabulary!
So why aren't you skiing over to hers right now ?

This was the first thread to come up on the search......been a bit quiet on the forum reference vaping. I smoked my last cigarette July 22 2015 due in no small part to advice from ArRSe.
What I'm using now; Geekvape Zeus, single coil with 5ml tank from a Bachelor, being a mouth-to-lunger I buy 1.2 Ohm 30mm coils; £9/100 from Amazon-being 28G a lot easier to buy then to make! Mod is Aspire Speeder, I have 2 of these, with 3500mAh Efest batts.
IMG_20180516_122733702.jpg

The Zeus is leakproof, unlike the Berserker and the Siren, which is the main attraction. I mix my own juice which makes it mega cheap.
Links;
Geekvape ZEUS RTA UK Note this is the non-TPD version:-D
Premixed Nicotine Base for E-Liquid & E-cig UK Juice

This was the first thread to come up on the search......been a bit quiet on the forum reference vaping. I smoked my last cigarette July 22 2015 due in no small part to advice from ArRSe.
What I'm using now; Geekvape Zeus, single coil with 5ml tank from a Bachelor, being a mouth-to-lunger I buy 1.2 Ohm 30mm coils; £9/100 from Amazon-being 28G a lot easier to buy then to make! Mod is Aspire Speeder, I have 2 of these, with 3500mAh Efest batts.
View attachment 334799
The Zeus is leakproof, unlike the Berserker and the Siren, which is the main attraction. I mix my own juice which makes it mega cheap.
Links;
Geekvape ZEUS RTA UK Note this is the non-TPD version:-D
Premixed Nicotine Base for E-Liquid & E-cig UK Juice
You sound like an American gun ******

Been vaping since NYE as it had come to my attention that when it comes to quitting fags, I had the breaking strain of a Kit Kat.
Not had a fag since even with a few decent beer seshs.
I'm going to give up the vape soon but will prob keep it for when I have beers with the lads so I don't end up with a Marlboro in my mouth. Or a fat joint.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
It doesn't look very cool though does it? Which is the entire point of smoking cigarettes
If I do it, it looks cool. This is the law.

Been off 40 full-fat Marlboro since last November. Took me 2 years to get there. The bird still smokes and now and then I'll say "Sub us a fag". But I prefer my vape. Loads of things to learn about switching from fags to vape but the bottom line? You will only do it when you prefer the vape to fags.

If we had will power we would have packed in the fags yonks ago.

Just to add my tuppence, I smoked twenty Embassy a day ever since the sixties and christ knows how many a day in BAOR (cheap as chips) well as you all know the price got ridiculous and I said enough is enough ,no health problems chestwise , anyway I got one of those vapours three years ago ,the pencil thin one and found straight away it gave me the same cigarette hit 18 strength, after about three months it got like a childs dummy in that I couldn't put it down I thought **** this I can quit fags so I can quit these, hey ho away it went, now I'd be telling lies if I said i've turned into an athlete, but I've saved a shit load of money, and as for those power vapours just **** off as you're uber twats.

Couple of incidents in the US of vape things exploding and ramming parts up into the brain of user. Could turn out that the dodgy shops will start to sell dodgy products. In my high street, about 750M long there are six vape shops, though one is more of a stall. :cool:

Seeing this vape thread alive-alive-o thought I'd check in.

After 40 years smoking roll-ups stumbled across the vape in Jan '16, so approaching 2 1/2 years now.
Have gone from a habit which would now be costing AUD 4,800 a year to one that costs about AUD 320.

And I couldn't begin to describe how preferable vaping is over smoking. Not only hacking corf and whistling chest gone, but car/clothes/breath now sweet and clear. Socially it's an enormous advantage. Early in the piece I would accompany the smokers in the party outside for a fix, but I soon got rid of that habit too as with the vape dialled down and the technique refined I can have a discreet vape just about anywhere.

So there's no downside and plenty of upside. To anyone still enslaved to the weed, I would urge you to look into vaping instead. Because it's just better in every way, and it might just save your life.

I have moved on a little since the original post. Still off the stinkys and still have not succumbed to temptation of a finely rolled Golden Virginia finest. I make me own juice so save an extra amount of cash and am now down to 1.5 nicotine.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Seeing this vape thread alive-alive-o thought I'd check in.

After 40 years smoking roll-ups stumbled across the vape in Jan '16, so approaching 2 1/2 years now.
Have gone from a habit which would now be costing AUD 4,800 a year to one that costs about AUD 320.

And I couldn't begin to describe how preferable vaping is over smoking. Not only hacking corf and whistling chest gone, but car/clothes/breath now sweet and clear. Socially it's an enormous advantage. Early in the piece I would accompany the smokers in the party outside for a fix, but I soon got rid of that habit too as with the vape dialled down and the technique refined I can have a discreet vape just about anywhere.

So there's no downside and plenty of upside. To anyone still enslaved to the weed, I would urge you to look into vaping instead. Because it's just better in every way, and it might just save your life.
As long as you remember that vaping sets off fire alarms so take your smoke, from tobacco or vapes outside! ;)

As long as you remember that vaping sets off fire alarms so take your smoke, from tobacco or vapes outside! ;)
Doesn't set off fire alarms. Is not smoke, is vapour. More like steam than smoke, and I know it doesn't register with smoke detectors as a discreet vape in aircraft toilets goes completely undetected. Which is kinda how I came to be looking them up in the first place, as I spend about twelve hours (two flights, plus hanging around for the connection)everycouple of weeks and barrelling outside to smoke ciggies like pan-pipes in all weathers was tedious in the extreme.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Doesn't set off fire alarms. Is not smoke, is vapour. More like steam than smoke, and I know it doesn't register with smoke detectors as a discreet vape in aircraft toilets goes completely undetected. Which is kinda how I came to be looking them up in the first place, as I spend about twelve hours (two flights, plus hanging around for the connection)everycouple of weeks and barrelling outside to smoke ciggies like pan-pipes in all weathers was tedious in the extreme.
Believe me - vaping sets off smoke alarms in most hotels, as I have found out at silly o'clock in the morning when some twat has used his/her vape!

Believe me - vaping sets off smoke alarms in most hotels, as I have found out at silly o'clock in the morning when some twat has used his/her vape!
Nowhere near true, ol' sossij. If that is what you were told, someone is taking advantage of your innocent nature.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
In the unlikely event your vape sets off smoke alarms (and I have vaped in hotels all over with no problem) simply pour lighter fuel on your charging iPhone and spark it. Then scream it was the hotels dodgy leccy and go for compo.

NNA got pelters for not dismissing heat not burn products in this Science and Technology Committee meeting. Hopefully the TPD will get binned when we leave Europe and smokers wanting to quit can access high capacity, high nicotine devices and products again.

In the unlikely event your vape sets off smoke alarms (and I have vaped in hotels all over with no problem) simply pour lighter fuel on your charging iPhone and spark it. Then scream it was the hotels dodgy leccy and go for compo.
The secondary purpose of the bonnet de douche is to snugly fit over the smoke detector. Assuming your hotel supplies such decadent 1st World items...