Vanity Fair article on the Bush Presidency.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bernoulli, Jul 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is a fascinating essay in Vanity Fair about George W Bush's increasing and increasingly fatuous and selective use of history to justify his f*ck-ups in Iraq. See HERE.
    It was written by David Halberstam, now sadly departed, who wrote a very good book on the Vietnam war, "A bright, shining lie."

2. Thank you. Indeed, fascinating. In addition to my interest in the the viewpoint of both pieces of writing, I thoroughly enjoyed the use of language. I will look out for other works.

3. Bovvy you might like this as well:

4. And this is the flagpole that Blair nailed his colours to...

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny.

5. "Sad" isn't quite the word I'd have chosen, Flamingo. Before anything else, I just want to say that I'm not anti-American in any way, shape, or form. And to that end, I fervently hope that this maniac is held to account by his countrymen before it's too late.

Not by any means an expert on American constituional affairs, but would someone please reassure me that there is absolutely NO WAY (on any grounds whatsoever) that this buffoon can try to suspend / delay elections? I'm becoming increasingly convinced that if he thinks he can, he will. And I, for one, would hate to hve been in WW2 if Germany had the military advantage America has today 8O

6. Don't want to frighten you or anything. But do a web rummage for 'rex84' and the 'military commissions act.'

And you don't have to say you are not anti American. Anti neo con does it. Lots of Americans themselves are anti neo con. Its the neo cons who are the anti Americans.