BBC 9 April 2011 Last updated at 08:38 GMT Police have said that a van left under the main Belfast to Dublin road near Newry contained a "substantial bomb". Several controlled explosions were carried out on the vehicle on Friday night. On Friday morning, cones blocking the underpass were removed and hundreds of motorists drove past the van. Police warned motorists ignoring or moving cones that they had a "blatant disregard" for safety. The road has now reopened. It had been closed at the Sheepbridge interchange. The security alert began shortly before 2300 BST on Thursday after two bomb warnings were received by the Daisy Hill Hospital and a charity. BBC Northern Ireland reporter Conor MacAuley said on Friday: "Someone has come along and they have moved the cones out of the road and traffic is moving freely up and down past the suspect vehicle. "I have seen dozens of cars driving past this morning, some of them with small children in the back of their cars doing the school run. "People obviously don't realise the potential danger they are in." BBC News - Newry bomb alert: device left 'substantial'