Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Van rental during lockdown

Due to my exceptional ability to time things for "worst time possible", I am due to both get married and move house before the end of November.

Marriage admin is sorted (Council have allowed us to move the wedding date), bit we are still moving house.

Having spoken to the lawyers, the move will be allowed, but does anyone know if Van Hire will be ongoing during lockdown? Most of my crap is now in storage bit there's still a bit left.

I'm looking to Hire a Merc Sprinter sized jobbie (though a transit / vivaro would do; I'd just do two runs).

Wouldn't want to hire a Luton, but have a Cat C licence if theres a size limit for some reason.

Any ideas? Were vehicle rental places open during the last lockdown?

Why don't you direct your query to a van rental company? They might be able to answer your question.

I assume your Google is broken?

Due to my exceptional ability to time things for "worst time possible", I am due to both get married and move house before the end of November.

Marriage admin is sorted (Council have allowed us to move the wedding date), bit we are still moving house.

Having spoken to the lawyers, the move will be allowed, but does anyone know if Van Hire will be ongoing during lockdown? Most of my crap is now in storage bit there's still a bit left.

I'm looking to Hire a Merc Sprinter sized jobbie (though a transit / vivaro would do; I'd just do two runs).

Wouldn't want to hire a Luton, but have a Cat C licence if theres a size limit for some reason.

Any ideas? Were vehicle rental places open during the last lockdown?
Just burn your shit and save her the trouble of doing it for you.

Quiet_CO

Swinger
I hired a van in May from the first of the two afore mentioned companies. They were sound in terms of sanitising and distancing and making sure that every thing was contactless, until their hand held payment unit failed and we had to go inside, re sanitise ect. No big dramas though, you should be fine.

I assume your Google is broken?
I've seen them - but this is reference the lockdown; those FAQs are about the more general 2020 Covid outbreak.

Why don't you direct your query to a van rental company? They might be able to answer your question.
They're shut at the moment, and I'm busy with work / rearranging a wedding during the day. There are plenty on here who may work in the industry/ have knowledge.

I hired a van in May from the first of the two afore mentioned companies. They were sound in terms of sanitising and distancing and making sure that every thing was contactless, until their hand held payment unit failed and we had to go inside, re sanitise ect. No big dramas though, you should be fine.
Was that during the actual lockdown? I can't remember when it was any more.

The man-cave, err wånk-palace, err "Office" is on the top floor.
My dear man please. That is what the shower is for... Let's be civil here.
The Man Cave is where you go to get away from the wife and a place where she dare not follow you. Mine is in the coldest part of the house and the Xbox is her Crucifix.

ScooterDog

Clanker
What is the interest rate on a 30 year in the U.K.? Does it vary by country/area one lives in?
If you are moving house then the interest rate on hiring a van is quite high. If on the other hand, like me, who is settled and not interested in moving home, the interest rate of hiring a van is pretty much zero. This will be the same for all ages, not just 30.

Are you on the right planet thread?

If you are moving house then the interest rate on hiring a van is quite high. If on the other hand, like me, who is settled and not interested in moving home, the interest rate of hiring a van is pretty much zero. This will be the same for all ages, not just 30.

Are you on the right planet thread?
The interest rate on a 30 year mortgage.

The interest rate on a 30 year mortgage.
Mine is a 25 year. The current one is 1.7% on my property, my future place is a little better - 1.4 something %.

Last edited:

Latest Threads