Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Valetta bars and places to eat.

Blakey

Swinger
Going for a week in the near future. Was there in the 70's. I know about the "Pub" where Oliver Reed had his last run ashore filming Gladiator, and the GUT (Straight Street) any recommends, I seem to remember a place that ovelooks Grand Harbour which has great views and reasonable food and prices. Staying in St Julians so any recommends up that way appreciated as well.

TVM!

Going for a week in the near future. Was there in the 70's. I know about the "Pub" where Oliver Reed had his last run ashore filming Gladiator, and the GUT (Straight Street) any recommends, I seem to remember a place that ovelooks Grand Harbour which has great views and reasonable food and prices. Staying in St Julians so any recommends up that way appreciated as well.

TVM!
@Ex Observer goes to Malta quite often. He might know where the best discotheques and knocking shops are.

I've got to confess that I don't get to Valletta very often as I stay at the other end of the island. I went to The Pub for the only time in December and it is a shit hole. Our lass does like the postal museum next door though. The Circle Bar just round the corner from there is cheap and cheerful, and the grub is pretty good whenever I've been. Some of the other places that I've eaten at seem to have gone, or close for the winter. You could always try Burger King opposite the new parliament building if you get desperate.

Lots of "British" pubs in Buggiba if that is your thing.

If you end up on Gozo, the Jubilee Cafe in Victoria does nice food at a reasonable price.

I was impressed with the price for the deal though - about £900 for the month inc flights? Amazing value
Sounds reasonable. I spent £300 for a week all inclusive in December. Had I booked a little earlier I could have had two weeks for £550. The hotel served the best all inclusive food that I've ever had and had several a la carte restaurants included in that with no restrictions on the number of visits.

I had lunch out on three days and spent €50 in total. The cheapest was a fitra and a beer at an outside place in Mdina for €10.

Sounds reasonable. I spent £300 for a week all inclusive in December. Had I booked a little earlier I could have had two weeks for £550. The hotel served the best all inclusive food that I've ever had and had several a la carte restaurants included in that with no restrictions on the number of visits.

I had lunch out on three days and spent €50 in total. The cheapest was a fitra and a beer at an outside place in Mdina for €10.
What a nice way to break winter up though

When we were in Valetta about 4 yers ago we had an enjoyable meal in the Ordnance pub on Ordnance Street. Despite sounding like a Brit pub abroad, it is run by a local and was good value.