Vainikolo arrested for battering a bloke....

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by codbutt, Oct 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oh dear. If he really did do this, I don't think he'll be around for the Six Nations. And neither will the poor b*stard he battered, I would think...

Vainikolo arrested
    Tuesday 28th October 2008

Questioned: Vainikolo was quizzed by police shortly after the incident
    England and Gloucester wing Lesley Vainikolo has been arrested after an alleged assault at a nightclub on Sunday, which left the victim with 'life-threatening' injuries.

Vainikolo was questioned by police in the early hours of Sunday morning soon after the incident had occurred.

The Volcano - as he is better known - was arrested at 2am (local time) by Avon and Somerset police after the incident in Bath.

"We were called at 2am to reports of an assault in Pierrepont Street in Bath," a spokesman said.

"One man in his twenties was taken to the Royal United Hospital with life-threatening head injuries.

"We can confirm that a man in his twenties was arrested by police on suspicion of GBH. He has been released on bail pending further enquiries."

It is believed Tongan-born Vainikolo, who lives in Cheltenham with wife Sienna and baby son Kava, was in Bath with friends before the incident.

A Gloucester Rugby spokesman said the club was aware of the alleged incident.

"We are aware of an incident at which Lesley Vainikolo was present. The police investigation is on-going," he said.
  2. Vainikolo can't even realistically get in the Gloucester side at the moment, with Simpson Daniel, "Can't-catch-the-ball-Shaw" and Olly Morgan playing well.

He hasn't got a hope in hell of getting into the England squad.
  3. Maybe he'll do better catching the soap in the showers of wormwood scrubs?
  4. It'd take an army of gays to try and bum him, It'd look like Gullivers Travels when they all tie him up!
  5. I have to agree, mind you I picked on a 8 times World Thai Boxing champion in the 80's, I found out about his fighting abilities when I came round.

I learned a lesson that day, how easy it is for your mouth to break your nose. Ha ha ha.