Vague blurred memories?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Croque_Monsieur, Aug 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody here in the NAAFI a survivor of BEng courses from Shrivenham '98-'01? Does doing the top row of the mess bar for under £5 bring back memories? The eternal smell of spuds from the mess halls? Projectile vomitting kebabs outside the "college club" on wednesday nights? Plotting to assassinate a certain moody miserable cnut of a mechanics lecturer?

2. Very few here survived GCSEs mate, let alone a BEng. Most do smell of spuds but wouldn't dare vomit up a kebab.

3. Oh you would bring these up, either that or take a bite and shove the rest down the barrel of any display tank or artillery piece laying around :twisted:.......which actually led to the temporary removal of the kebab van later if I remember....

Come on, there must be a few survivors in green or blue out there with time for a bit of ARRSE :D

4. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

Well talk about going to the foot of our stairs! Are you talking about the BEng course that was in BEng held in 1998 - 2001 at Shrivenham? Were you on it?

5. I was there, 1997-2000. Have very fond memories of the kebab van outside the club then making my way back to the mess for PT the next morning! Fun!

The mess was pretty cool in cocktail experimentation, and we did live out the end of an era when the RSM left!

OS

6. I was on the aeromech BEng course at Shriv from 1998-2001 with mostly blues (obviously) and a sprinkling of greens, but the Mech-eng course was twinned with aeromech for the first two years so everybody knew or knew of everybody.

Were you there?

7. Oneshot,

Aye, I agree with you, even as a civvy, the departure of the RSM was a sad sad day. Him ordering the crowd during bonfire night was always cause for much hilarity!!!!!! The new bloke they put in his stead was just a pale imitation....

8. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

Edited as had the wrong quote,

I was on the aeromech BEng course at Shriv from 1998-2001 with mostly blues (obviously) and a sprinkling of greens, but the Mech-eng course was twinned with aeromech for the first two years so everybody knew or knew of everybody.

Were you there?

Are you asking me?

9. Were you there during the sauna "incident" Or was that a little before '97 - I can't remember?

10. Rod924: Yep, that question was for you

Oneshot: Can't recall a sauna incident, but please do tell! I remember there was the car bomb incident (husband wanting to blow up wife's lover or vice versa).

11. No, i was there just after the saua incident, but will let that sleeping dog lie as it boiled down to a silly local bint trying to do one over on the army.
    I remember the bomb incident very well, very amusing especially as the ATO course was on at the time!!!

12. Ah, one of those incidents. I was reminded by my other half (ex-shriv Radiographer....yes, I managed to bag one all to meself :D) of the incident that led to the removal of all condom machines on campus. Something involving a group of willing greenies, a consenting radiographer, and a snooker table.... nuff said really.