Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vaccine production under attack

Yokel

LE
A Welsh plant producing the vaccine was subject to a suspected IED attack.

Wockhardt UK said: "We can confirm that the investigation on the suspicious package received today has been concluded.

"Given that staff safety is our main priority, manufacturing was temporarily paused whilst this took place safely.

"We can now confirm that the package was made safe and staff are now being allowed back into the facility.

"This temporary suspension of manufacturing has in no way affected our production schedule and we are grateful to the authorities and experts for their swift response and resolution of the incident."

Why would anyone do this, unless they wanted to disrupt vaccination?

Some people are pricks; some are mentally ill.

However, they probably wanted to disrupt the vaccination programme.

crow_bag

War Hero
I can think of a number of groups who might want to disrupt vaccine production in the UK.

Id have thought that in the middle of a pandemic a vaccine production faculty would be afford tighter than normal security.

Yokel

LE
Maybe I am being paranoid, but as the Director General of MI5 has pointed out, the UK and the West in general is facing a nasty mix of threats. NATO Arctic exercises in Norway have been cancelled due to COVID-19 - other exercises and activities are a risk of disruption, the economy is suffering, education has taken a hit, social bonds are being weakened.....

Last edited:

Winnet

War Hero
Persons of interest

1000x-1.jpg

Maybe I am being paranoid, but as the Director General of MI5 has pointed out, the UK and the West in general is facing a nasty mix of threats. NATO Arctic exercises in Norway have been cancelled due to COVID-19 - other exercises and activities are a risk of disruption, the economy is suffering, edication has taken a hit, social bonds are being weakened.....

I remember that from MI5 - didn't he get a slap for including Extinction Rebellion in his list? If it was a different crowd of loonies my apologies to XR.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
There are some people who should be volunteered for the first trip to Mars without oxygen.

Ayatollah

Old-Salt
By stopping production or harming the vaccine making it inactive and useless affects the public. The Public was the target, not the company, This was nothing more than an act of Terrorism.

A Welsh plant producing the vaccine was subject to a suspected IED attack.

Wockhardt UK said: "We can confirm that the investigation on the suspicious package received today has been concluded.

"Given that staff safety is our main priority, manufacturing was temporarily paused whilst this took place safely.

"We can now confirm that the package was made safe and staff are now being allowed back into the facility.

"This temporary suspension of manufacturing has in no way affected our production schedule and we are grateful to the authorities and experts for their swift response and resolution of the incident."

Any information on if it was a false, hoax or Viable device? It might have been someones lunchbox carelessly left somewhere.

crow_bag

War Hero
By stopping production or harming the vaccine making it inactive and useless affects the public. The Public was the target, not the company, This was nothing more than an act of Terrorism.
Absolutely, but I wouldn’t put it past someone to try and disrupt production just to damage confidence in the supply chain, rather than to stop production all together.

Maybe I am being paranoid, but as the Director General of MI5 has pointed out, the UK and the West in general is facing a nasty mix of threats. NATO Arctic exercises in Norway have been cancelled due to COVID-19 - other exercises and activities are a risk of disruption, the economy is suffering, edication has taken a hit, social bonds are being weakened.....
@Yokel, You are not wrong there. :p

Yokel

LE
BBC: Arrest over suspicious package at vaccine plant

Kent Police said a 53-year-old man from Chatham had been arrested on suspicion of sending the package and remains in custody as inquiries continue.

It said warrants had taken place on Luton Road and Chatham Hill, Chatham, on Thursday morning.

There is no evidence to suggest there is an ongoing threat, it added.

On Wednesday police said the package had been made safe and its contents would be "taken away for analysis".

BBC: Arrest over suspicious package at vaccine plant

Kent Police said a 53-year-old man from Chatham had been arrested on suspicion of sending the package and remains in custody as inquiries continue.

It said warrants had taken place on Luton Road and Chatham Hill, Chatham, on Thursday morning.

There is no evidence to suggest there is an ongoing threat, it added.

On Wednesday police said the package had been made safe and its contents would be "taken away for analysis".
Chatham.
Isn't that where RE EOD do their training.

chimera

LE

Latest Threads