Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by sillybob, Mar 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello fellow arrse members, quick one, not sure if i'll get a definitive, may need to ring Westbury for an answer. Got my main board next week, if i pass, space allowing i want to start in May. One small problem i may have realised is that i didn't have my BCG injection at around age 14 (you know the really fearsome looking one which your mates punched so it'd scar for life). Is this of paramount importance? Should i see about getting it done asap i.e before May or will this cause me to settle for another intake?

2. Relax. Get the answer from Westbury, not from here.
  3. It won't cause any problems, however if you get it sorted before you go it is one less thing to worry about.
  4. I'm doing my PCCBC next week and prior to the medical on that you are asked to declare what vaccinations you have had in the past and to provide certificates (in some cases). These are most likely contained within your GP medical records which you have to submit on PCCBC anyway. I called the admin at Sandhurst to ask if not presenting these records would prevent me from being able to start the commissioning course in May. They basically said vaccinations were not a major issue as if you are deemed to be missing any they will provide you with them. There was no mention of any of this at main board so you can rest easy.
  5. And don't forget that not everyone gets the full BCG anyway - for some just the 6 prong tester thing on the forearm shows that the full innoculation isn't required. In the hope that you get that far, during the first couple of weeks at RMAS they will innoculate you for just about everything anyway, so any missing ones are quickly dealt with
  6. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Vaccinations will not be a showstopper.

I remember an afternoon at Sandhurst during which my company were marched up to the MRS, told to remove shirts and then walked past various medics who stuck us with an exciting range of needles, including a Star Trek style pneumatic-injector device where whatever liquid they had squirted into us, squirted out a couple of seconds later.