V. Rare Original Falklands Surrender Telex ends 13th March !

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Hellmans, Mar 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Artist Andy Wing, from Stoke Galleries in the Naval town of Gosport, has become the semi official artist for numerous military units including RE EOD, HM Submarines, SBS, RM and numerous Naval Ships.

His work can be seen here :- Stoke Gallery

He has kindly donated an extremely rare, ORIGINAL telex announcing the Argentinian Surrender at the end of the Falklands War.

These Telex's are so rare that until last year the Imperial War Museum did not have a copy. Fortunately a very thoughtful Booty had scooped up a roll of them at the end of the war and kept them safe.

He donated one to the IWM and another few to Andy.

One of these sold last year at an SF Auction for £2500.00

He has framed one together with a 'Yomping/Tabbing' Penguins cartoon. To save arguments he has left the penguins berets plain to be painted in the colour of choice of the winner. So there are no arguments about who was in front!

The penguin's kit bags can also be personalised.

Topped off with an ARRSE badge, this will be framed for the winner. 18" x 18"

Unique, very very rare, this will have a reserve price agreed by MDN and myself to avoid giving it away. If it doesn't sell, we'll sell it through a military auction house.

Provenance will be provided in the form of the 'liberating booty's name, copy letter from SF Auction confirming sale price of £2500 and letter from IWM.

Ends Midnight Sat 20th March. All proceeds to Hols4H

Winner pays £5 towards postage

Bids on this thread or private bids to mail@ukchallengecoins.com and I will post the amount for you

2. £103.43
  3. Well, what's the reserve?
  4. £125
  5. To be agreed as it says, I haven't spoken to him yet. Just bid what you want. Reserves aren't always posted!

6. if anyone has contacts wthin SAMA(82) could you spread the word please?

7. £143.23
  8. £130
  9. Pipped at the post!
  10. £150
  11. Typical Falkland War Penguin Walts - they've got SA80s :D

Oh and bump ;)
  12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

OK I'm up for this one, a piece of history, 175.
  13. :x
    Ditto :x A fuff up so not worth the effort or factual :oops: