V - Lizard sci fi

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by box-of-frogs, Apr 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone remember the Series 'V' - about lizards dressed as humans that try to take over the world? i vaguely remember it from my younger days. Just got it on DVD rental. It best be good!!!!

Attached Files:

2. She'd get it

No sorry never heard of it you old bugger you.
  3. Damn right she would - Jane Badler is her name. :)

Old??!?!? I'm not even 30!!!!! (yet) 8O
  4. Aye, I remember it and I've only just turned 28. It was on around the mid 80's I think.
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I remember it well,came out about 1984ish,just before I joined up.It sparked a series as well which did'nt do well.The special effects are like the old Battlestar Galactica & some of the sets & acting are a bit,well,wooden.
    I actually have 3 or 4 of the novels in the attic as well,inc the one or the set you have.Much better.
  6. Think i've got the second series - the resistance are planning attacks. Think i've missed the first series where the lizards arrive. Good quality 80's tv tho!!!
  7. Yeah, I remember it to.

It was compulsive viewing (at the time).

Robert Englund (of Nightmare on Elm Street fame) is the good lizard, IIRC.
  8. Yeah it is. They don't make TV like this anymore!
  9. I loved V :D

Yes it was '84. Just before I joined up I was all set to watch the Olympics on TV when my dad sez "want to watch 5 mins of that V while the commentators are doin' their talky bit?"

Never saw a minute of the Olympics!!!

Very 80's tho - with big hair etc, might look dated now but it was ahead of its time then.

And yes, the Tv series wasn't as good.

Oh, I eventually found the time to join up :D
  10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Yep,It went the way of The A team where nobody died & the was a moral to each episode to give the viewer a warm,fluffy feeling!
    Micheal Ironside ( the baddie in Total Recall) was also in it as a resistance leader.
    Funnliy I remember they mostly used Ingram Model 10's....
  11. With Teflon-coated bullets to defeat the lizard's body armour. I loved it at the time, loads of unstated smouldering sapphic tension between two of the lead lizards. Top thrapping material. The series was cheezy as hell, but still a good laugh if only for the truly crap acting, plots and dialogue.
  12. Am I right in thinking there was that "Hero figure"?

An ugly, long faced, almost simian like ham actor who my sister (she's not been well honestly) had a bit of a crush on.

He looked worse than one of the lizards!!!!
  13. Donovan?

I remember he and Ham Tyler had a good scrap because Ham wanted to use some kind of the nerve gas on the Lizards. Or something.

Happy days! :D
  14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Good series for its time.