V - Lizard sci fi

Anyone remember the Series 'V' - about lizards dressed as humans that try to take over the world? i vaguely remember it from my younger days. Just got it on DVD rental. It best be good!!!!

Attachments

Damn right she would - Jane Badler is her name. :)

Old??!?!? I'm not even 30!!!!! (yet) 8O

box-of-frogs said:
Damn right she would - Jane Badler is her name. :)

Old??!?!? I'm not even 30!!!!! (yet) 8O
Aye, I remember it and I've only just turned 28. It was on around the mid 80's I think.

I remember it well,came out about 1984ish,just before I joined up.It sparked a series as well which did'nt do well.The special effects are like the old Battlestar Galactica & some of the sets & acting are a bit,well,wooden.
I actually have 3 or 4 of the novels in the attic as well,inc the one or the set you have.Much better.

Think i've got the second series - the resistance are planning attacks. Think i've missed the first series where the lizards arrive. Good quality 80's tv tho!!!

Yeah, I remember it to.

It was compulsive viewing (at the time).

Robert Englund (of Nightmare on Elm Street fame) is the good lizard, IIRC.

heidtheba said:
Robert Englund (of Nightmare on Elm Street fame) is the good lizard, IIRC.
Yeah it is. They don't make TV like this anymore!

I loved V :D

Yes it was '84. Just before I joined up I was all set to watch the Olympics on TV when my dad sez "want to watch 5 mins of that V while the commentators are doin' their talky bit?"

Never saw a minute of the Olympics!!!

Very 80's tho - with big hair etc, might look dated now but it was ahead of its time then.

And yes, the Tv series wasn't as good.

Oh, I eventually found the time to join up :D

Sparky2339 said:
I loved V :D

Yes it was '84. Just before I joined up I was all set to watch the Olympics on TV when my dad sez "want to watch 5 mins of that V while the commentators are doin' their talky bit?"

Never saw a minute of the Olympics!!!

Very 80's tho - with big hair etc, might look dated now but it was ahead of its time then.

And yes, the Tv series wasn't as good.

Oh, I eventually found the time to join up :D
Yep,It went the way of The A team where nobody died & the was a moral to each episode to give the viewer a warm,fluffy feeling!
Micheal Ironside ( the baddie in Total Recall) was also in it as a resistance leader.
Funnliy I remember they mostly used Ingram Model 10's....

spike7451 said:
Yep,It went the way of The A team where nobody died & the was a moral to each episode to give the viewer a warm,fluffy feeling!
Micheal Ironside ( the baddie in Total Recall) was also in it as a resistance leader.
Funnliy I remember they mostly used Ingram Model 10's....
With Teflon-coated bullets to defeat the lizard's body armour. I loved it at the time, loads of unstated smouldering sapphic tension between two of the lead lizards. Top thrapping material. The series was cheezy as hell, but still a good laugh if only for the truly crap acting, plots and dialogue.

Am I right in thinking there was that "Hero figure"?

An ugly, long faced, almost simian like ham actor who my sister (she's not been well honestly) had a bit of a crush on.

He looked worse than one of the lizards!!!!

Sparky2339 said:

An ugly, long faced, almost simian like ham actor who my sister (she's not been well honestly) had a bit of a crush on.

Donovan?

I remember he and Ham Tyler had a good scrap because Ham wanted to use some kind of the nerve gas on the Lizards. Or something.

Happy days! :D

FrankCastle said:
Sparky2339 said:

Donovan?

I remember he and Ham Tyler had a good scrap because Ham wanted to use some kind of the nerve gas on the Lizards. Or something.

Yep the good old orange dust

Brilliant programme, i never missed an episode

Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
FrankCastle said:
Sparky2339 said:

Donovan?

It's a little known fact that in the event of an alien invasion we'll be ordered to break out the orange screech from our ratpacks.

What - you didn't think it was safe to drink did you?

Augustus said:
Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
FrankCastle said:
Sparky2339 said:

Donovan?

CNUT! You owe me a new laptop!! :D

It's a little known fact that in the event of an alien invasion we'll be ordered to break out the orange screech from our ratpacks.

What - you didn't think it was safe to drink did you?